Share your Galaxy S5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
20150425_165236.jpg
Outdoors in good lighting conditions it takes some of the best pictures I've seen, but indoors or in low light it takes some of the worst.

dunes

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Thoughts after playing with 2 days old Samsung S5.

1. It is not yet my primary phone. Lumia 920 is still :)
2. Even though camera is 16MP, I still feel that Lumia 920's pictures are good (it is 8MP Though)
3. Phone build seem to be on the lighter materials.. may be I am not used this materiel. It feels like plastic!
4. Am I missing dedicated Camera button? I think yes.
5. It shows 4.4.4 (KitKat) so not sure how Lollipop works. I might keep it at KitKat for few more weeks, explore more and move to 5.0
6. Couple of pictures were taken after I tapped the Picture icon. Not sure what the sequence is. By the way how to enable "Tap on the Screen to Take Picture" (not always tapping the camera icon)
7. Missing my Offline Nokia Maps
8. At this point it looks like great phone, light weight, faster charging.
9. I still need integrate with One Drive

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thoughts after playing with 2 days old Samsung S5.

1. It is not yet my primary phone. Lumia 920 is still :)
2. Even though camera is 16MP, I still feel that Lumia 920's pictures are good (it is 8MP Though)
3. Phone build seem to be on the lighter materials.. may be I am not used this materiel. It feels like plastic!
4. Am I missing dedicated Camera button? I think yes.
5. It shows 4.4.4 (KitKat) so not sure how Lollipop works. I might keep it at KitKat for few more weeks, explore more and move to 5.0
6. Couple of pictures were taken after I tapped the Picture icon. Not sure what the sequence is. By the way how to enable "Tap on the Screen to Take Picture" (not always tapping the camera icon)
7. Missing my Offline Nokia Maps
8. At this point it looks like great phone, light weight, faster charging.
9. I still need integrate with One Drive

Open the camera app and hit the settings cog icon at the top of the screen, you'll find the answer to some of your camera questions in there

KVtBgMt.png
ELaXwcI.png

--
You can download HERE Maps and use the Offline maps function just like your Lumia too

Last edited:

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Someone did a slow motion video on here, how did they get that? Which app as I have yet to find one that is any good.
e3ce3d6c1e112caf19757054a553acf7.jpg

dunes

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I'm getting there. There are nice options on the Camera side compared to Lumia 920. But one thing I'm so used is "Dedicated Camera Button" which is not available on S5. On Lumia, I used just press the button and hold for 1 sec, it launches Camera even when phone is locked. (It's a setting though).

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I'm getting there. There are nice options on the Camera side compared to Lumia 920. But one thing I'm so used is "Dedicated Camera Button" which is not available on S5. On Lumia, I used just press the button and hold for 1 sec, it launches Camera even when phone is locked. (It's a setting though).

The setting in my screenshots that says "Volume key for Zoom" can be changed to a take photo button, but yea the camera has to be launched first

I'd have liked a dedicated button too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech