I can't WAIT to get the Galaxy S5

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of what I'm reading about specs, rumoured features that aren't there, etc... Let's just say I don't care. You know why? I still have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. And I still love it, but I'm way overdue for an upgrade and the S5 looks amazing to me.

I thought about writing this in the "negative" thread about the S5, but instead I decided to start a POSITIVE one.

Last edited by a moderator:

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: I can't WAIT to get the S5

Regardless of what I'm reading about specs, rumoured features that aren't there, etc... Let's just say I don't care. You know why? I still have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. And I still love it, but I'm way overdue for an upgrade and the S5 looks amazing to me.

I thought about writing this in the "negative" thread about the S5, but instead I decided to start a POSITIVE one.

It is a decent upgrade, for anything that came out before last year. It is incremental when compared to the S4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I don't like to base my phone purchases on what's written on paper. If I wanna get this phone I'll play with a demo model first :)

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

I don't like to base my phone purchases on what's written on paper. If I wanna get this phone I'll play with a demo model first :)

I'm with you on that. I don't think making the buying decision on launch day without playing with it at all is a very good course of action.

Posted via Android Central App

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

The S5 wont be for me, but I know my wife will love it. She has the S3 now since release, and loves how the camera and screen are on the S4. She got to use her aunts for a while, and she couldn't put it down. With a 16mp camera, and water resistant feature on the S5, I wont take much to sell her on the phone.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

That's great to hear! Be sure to pop-back in and let us know what you think once you get your hands on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

It is a decent upgrade, for anything that came out before last year. It is incremental when compared to the S4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I wasn't disappointed, but I'm most certainly not getting it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Agreed..I really want the camera and waterproof features
I have an upgrade ready to get mine

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I have the s3 since its release. I will definitely be getting the s5

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

We can say it's not much of an upgrade but look at the 5 and 5s, fingerprint reader and 64 bit processor. 64-bit is a gimmick. It's a phone. When was the last time you ran a video encoding, photo editing, and CAD at the same time on your phone? Who actually has used that on their computers?

S5 being water and dust resistant alone is enough for me to pick up this phone.

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

It all depends on what your current device is, and whether your happy, or feel the need to upgrade. People are always comparing the next generation to the previous generation, instead of comparing it to their current smartphone, and whether or not they feel compelled to upgrade.

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I'd be interested in knowing what current S3 owners think of the S5 moreso than S4 owners. Those who have the S4 aren't as likely to upgrade as those who have the S3.

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

I'd be interested in knowing what current S3 owners think of the S5 moreso than S4 owners. Those who have the S4 aren't as likely to upgrade as those who have the S3.

I don't use, or acknowledge the word ""troll"".

I have the S3 which replaced my Note 2. I cant stand large phones anymore, and the S5 killed it for me because of size. I might get the S4, or looks at other brands. With that said, my wife is soon due for an update and the closer she gets to it, the more she complains about her S3 :p

Last edited:

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

As an S3 owner, I can't wait to get my hands on it. I don't buy a new phone every 6mos or year. I keep mine thru my Contract duration. This looks like another keeper from Samsung.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

But you are only getting 8 gb.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

It is definitely going to be a great device. it's almost laughable that people are disappointed in a device that they haven't used or seen yet. Specs don't tell the whole story. We need to see the feature set too and be able to evaluate the performance. It could be the smoothest device on the market.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

It is definitely going to be a great device. it's almost laughable that people are disappointed in a device that they haven't used or seen yet. Specs don't tell the whole story. We need to see the feature set too and be able to evaluate the performance. It could be the smoothest device on the market.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Highly doubt the last part of your statement, but I also don't think it will be as "laggy" as the S4. I agree with the rest of your post though :D

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I have the S3 which replaced my Note 2. I cant stand large phones anymore, and the S5 killed it for me because of size. I might get the S4, or looks at other brands. With that said, my wife is soon due for an update and the closer she gets to it, the more she complains about her S3 :p

I'm in the same boat as you. I had the GN3 but honestly a big screen just doesn't work for me anymore, I have a nice tablet for that. Considering the GS4, did any of the new UI make it to the KitKat 4.4 update? I wouldn't mind a bit of a UI update but I don't want a big phone just to get the UI.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same boat as you. I had the GN3 but honestly a big screen just doesn't work for me anymore, I have a nice tablet for that. Considering the GS4, did any of the new UI make it to the KitKat 4.4 update? I wouldn't mind a bit of a UI update but I don't want a big phone just to get the UI.

Nope. Only one that has the modified UI is the S5. Note 3 and S4 on 4.4.2 still have the TW UI of old