Sticking with my Galaxy S4

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll keep this short, but to me the s5 looks okay.. But I already have that 1080p screen and 2gb of ram. My phone will be updated for another year. What about you guys? It just seems incremental.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sticking with my S4.

I wasn't getting the S5 regardless of what it was. Definitely a good upgrade for anyone with an older S phone, though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I think after all said and done - I wasn't impressed by the S5 so I'm going to give the M8 a look before I go for the next device. But boy, I was all set for this thing - kinda like someone popping your balloon.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I totally agree. There was quite a bit of hype to this phone. I didn't own the One but haven't got to the play around with my fathers htc, I can see myself splurging for an m8

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I totally agree. There was quite a bit of hype to this phone. I didn't own the One but haven't got to the play around with my fathers htc, I can see myself splurging for an m8

I was somewhat shocked at the announcement. I have the S4 now and can't see myself paying full donkey for the S5. If the rumored "F" line becomes a reality, maybe then. But I really, really dig the front speakers on the HTC One, I mean M8. :D

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Worth the upgrade from my S4
Especially the waterproof feature
If there is another phone that is better than the S5 with a removable battery and SD slot...please let me know so I can consider that one

- - - Updated - - -

If there is another phone that is better than the S5 with a removable battery and SD slot...please let me know so I can consider that one

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

How about the note 3?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Valid points, but I never had to worry about my device being waterproof or dust proof.

Non removable battery I can live with - no SD Card (unless say the device is 64gb) is a deal breaker for me.

- - - Updated - - -

How about the note 3?

The Note 3 is awesome - it's a beast but just too big for my liking.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I have a buddy with sony xperia z its definetly an awesome waterproof phone, and the z2 just came out. You could go check that out.

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

The Note 3 is pretty good but its too big for me

I thought that at first too, but you and ibcop should give it a chance, I got used to the size within hours and I love it. Check out some pictures of the S5 and Note 3 side by side, yes its bigger, but not THAT much....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Guys, please keep it friendly. I realize some of you agree or disagree with the op, and it is fine to discuss, just please keep things courteous.

If you have no interest in the topic then please move on.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I thought that at first too, but you and ibcop should give it a chance, I got used to the size within hours and I love it. Check out some pictures of the S5 and Note 3 side by side, yes its bigger, but not THAT much....

I agreee seeing it on youtube/pictures it looks big as idk what but after messing around with it in the store its not as big as i thought..Looks to be a pretty solid phone as well but im not impressed with the s5 thats for sure and the note 3 looks to be a better option.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I agreee seeing it on youtube/pictures it looks big as idk what but after messing around with it in the store its not as big as i thought..Looks to be a pretty solid phone as well but im not impressed with the s5 thats for sure and the note 3 looks to be a better option.

Another thing too, after using a note 3 in a store for a few minutes, it felt like Samsung spent some quality time making that device. I'm not saying my s4 isn't good, but the note 3 felt more . premium. Just a thought

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Well I actually have played with the Note 3 (my uncle's Note 3) and yes its a great phone
Also want the S5 because its more powerful too
Again, the Waterproof thing is a big deal catcher for me

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

its water RESISTANT not PROOF.

Look at the Active and all the issues. Can't wait for people to run to their carriers or Samsung and complain how they took their phones in the pool and now its broken. They are going to have to deal with a crap load of QA.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'll keep this short, but to me the s5 looks okay.. But I already have that 1080p screen and 2gb of ram. My phone will be updated for another year. What about you guys? It just seems incremental.

You should stick with your S4. It's not even a year old.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Well I actually have played with the Note 3 (my uncle's Note 3) and yes its a great phone
Also want the S5 because its more powerful too
Again, the Waterproof thing is a big deal catcher for me

The galaxy s5 is not more powerful than the note 3. Maybe clocked a little higher, but not enough to make a difference and note has 3gb of ram don't forget

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Note series is completely different class of device.

Absolutely, but he asked for something better than the S5 with removable battery and SD card slot, regardless of class note 3 fits the bill in those 3 areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12