Galaxy S3 owners is the S5 a good enough upgrade for you needs?

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm asking because most of s3 owners contract is up,and coming from a 720 screen, snapdragon 400,8mp camera,no color emojis,2100mah battery,plastic slippery back I assume this is a big upgrade..ppl complaining who own s4 and note 3...all which is still on contract anyway

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s3 owners is the s5 a good enough upgrade for you needs?

Coming from an S3, I would think that the S5 is a significant upgrade. I think those that have the S4 are the ones disappointed in the offerings of the S5. I think that it is going to be an awesome device, but just not in the eyes of S4 owners.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Coming from an S3, I would think that the S5 is a significant upgrade. I think those that have the S4 are the ones disappointed in the offerings of the S5. I think that it is going to be an awesome device, but just not in the eyes of S4 owners.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
I own an S4, and while I am not disappointed, I am not amazed either. Coming from an S3 though, it would be a significant upgrade

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Pretty good upgrade from the S3, if you ask me.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One running CM11.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Upgrade to an LG G2... now that was a significant upgrade from my S3. LG blew me away, still king of the hill. I would wait for the G3, the S5 killer. The G2 kicked the S4 square in the proverbial nuts, haha!! Check it out, LG is on the move. Remember, I owned a Samsung for my last three phones. Peace

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Upgrade to an LG G2... now that was a significant upgrade from my S3. LG blew me away, still king of the hill. I would wait for the G3, the S5 killer. The G2 kicked the S4 square in the proverbial nuts, haha!! Check it out, LG is on the move. Remember, I owned a Samsung for my last three phones. Peace

My daughter made the same move from the S3 to the G2 and it was a huge move.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Let me count the LG ways... incredible battery life, awesome screen (almost no bezel), a turbo CPU, optical image stabilization (wow photos) no Lag, incredible sound with a headset, did I mention fast? I can jump to the G3 with T Mobile and life is well, Great!!!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Right. I forgot about the G2. Amazing phone, if you ask me.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One running CM11.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Whats the storage capacity on the G2 and does it offer an sd card slot?? I would def be interested in the G2 or G3 if it has a sd slot!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Whats the storage capacity on the G2 and does it offer an sd card slot?? I would def be interested in the G2 or G3 if it has a sd slot!

32GB I think. There is a variant with an SD card, but in the US it doesn't

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

LG is a nice phone besides the button on the back and slippery plastic back...But it's super fast and camera is best I've seen

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I thought I needed an SD card with my 32g G2, but now convinced otherwise. I use Air Droid to download pics and vids to my PC with ease. Another feature I love is the placement of the volume keys / power button. It makes perfect sense now that I use it and could never go back to old tech side rockers. Also, the knock on feature is just so cool, so fast the industry will soon copycat this action! Nothing I have thrown at this phone has slowed it down, it is rock solid and a tech wonder.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

When does the G3 come down the pipe?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Rumors put the release near mid year. It's a wait and see game right now

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

milehifireguy

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

For my needs would probably be a big upgrade... ive really liked samsung. .. upgraded almost 2 years ago from and LG and really like the way it has worked for me... ready for the next step to S5

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I went S3 to moto x and love it... A phone with features I actually use.

Posted via my Moto X DE

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I went S3 to moto x and love it... A phone with features I actually use.

Posted via my Moto X DE

I also switched to a MotoX. While modest/similar specs, I like the features. Miss some of the camera features but I actually like the size and form factor better. The screen is brighter, speaker better, and better software. Will be tiding me over until I see what HTC and X successor have going.

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I agree got the cyber Monday deal. I'll be keeping an eye on lg and maybe HTC (not holding my breath there). But curious about moto x 2 or whatever.

Posted via my Moto X DE