According To CNET & Carp hone warehouse.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is even more eagerly anticipated than its predecessor. Pre-orders for the handset are a whopping 130 per cent higher than for the S4, according to Carphone Warehouse. And that's just in the first three days, compared to a 10-day pre-registration period for the S4. Impressive.

"If these early pre-registration figures are anything to go by then customer interest is extremely high," Carl Cowling, managing director of Carphone Warehouse said in a statement. "Samsung has clearly built up a very loyal fanbase and the Galaxy S5 looks set to become one of the biggest selling handsets ever. By introducing mobile payments, health and wellness functions and a host of other useful features, Samsung has created a device that will synchronise seamlessly across all aspects of a consumer's life."

You can register your interest for the S5 over at Carphone Warehouse, but it hasn't priced up the handset yet. Unlocked Mobiles has though -- it'll cost ?599.98 SIM free, and will go on sale on 11 April. We're still waiting to hear what kind of tariffs it'll be available on, though I wouldn't expect them to be cheap.

The S5 will go head to head with Sony's new flagship, the Xperia Z2. The Z2 goes on sale 10 days before the S5, and will be about ?50 cheaper SIM free. These won't be the only new flagships in town though. HTC is set to unveil its new HTC One on 25 March, so expect a release shortly afterwards. Looks like we've got a decent mobile scrap on our hands, just in time for spring. That's what we like to see.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No surprise here, Samsung deserves it,they built up a strong brand thanks to the s3, and now those customers, as well as new ones, will run to them, money in hand, for the s5

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think it started even sooner with the S2. It was a game changing phone

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it started even sooner with the S2. It was a game changing phone

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Yes s2 was what did it... S3 made everyone a believer especially iphone fan boys that Samsung and Android was serious...

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I checked out the Sony Z2 and man that phone is sick, its actually waterproof not just water resistant
We all knew Samsung would be pulling in a lot of cash from the GS5 though
I saw the video for the HTC M8 and interesting how they added an SD Card slot
...cant wait for my GS5 though!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the Sony Z2 and man that phone is sick, its actually waterproof not just water resistant
We all knew Samsung would be pulling in a lot of cash from the GS5 though
I saw the video for the HTC M8 and interesting how they added an SD Card slot
...cant wait for my GS5 though!

Yeah that Z2 is nice man! Too bad its probably only going to be for GSM carriers and not CDMA. The new HTC One has my serious attention thanks to the SD card! I will be waiting it out though till the Note 4 is released to make my finish decision this year on which phone to get. I need to be able to have free reign of my device so I can hack into data base systems the way I have been able to with Samsung devices.......lol j/k!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20