Getting the Galaxy S5? Which device are you coming from?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you for sure getting the S5? If so... What are you leaving behind & why?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Getting the S5? What are you coming from?

I'm going from iPhone 4S, I think it's time for an upgrade and after getting my Nexus 7 2013, I wanted to go to the Android platform.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Going from my Galaxy S4
The GS5 is water resistant, that is pretty big to me
Also has the camera effects "Green Point/Blue Point" that I loved from the GS3 and which they removed in the GS4

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Coming from Razr HD. I like better camera, screen, water resistance and hope similar or better battery life. Also I'm switching carrier from Verizon to at&t.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

I'll be moving from my S4. Mainly because i'm up for an upgrade so why not. I am hoping that the AT&T pre orders don't start before March 25th because i do want to see if the new HTC One has any major changes that i may like (more than likely not).

Also the rumor of a Metal Galaxy F phone makes me cautious on buying the S5 just in case that it does happen to be true, i'd prefer that over the S5.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'll be moving from my S4. Mainly because i'm up for an upgrade so why not. I am hoping that the AT&T pre orders don't start before March 25th because i do want to see if the new HTC One has any major changes that i may like (more than likely not).

Also the rumor of a Metal Galaxy F phone makes me cautious on buying the S5 just in case that it does happen to be true, i'd prefer that over the S5.

Well here you can see the new HTC One M8
It has an SD Card slot which is nyce...I personally think the GS5 is better because of more useful features especially in the camera and its water resistance

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm coming from a Sanyo Kitana. Hope this S5 is as reliable as my good 'ol Kitana! :)

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

S2, think I've earned the upgrade and have waited long enough. I had a good 2.5 yr run.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I did say it was my personal opinion
This guy is a Sammy fanboy hard body. He will defend Samsung even if they went the way of the crAPPLE... I love Samsung myself but c'mon, let people like what they like. I think its not much of an upgrade from the s4 but s3 it is. My wife has a s3 and is upgrading in the next month. Its between the note 3 and s5.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

With "KNOX Pox" baked in, I'll skip the Galaxy S5.
I'm on Verizon so this phone will be locked down hard. If on Verizon, if you can root you are lucky.
Also, not much of an upgrade from my S4, or not enough of an upgrade to separate me from my cash.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Upgrading from S2 here too. I'll be getting prime version if it becomes available.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Rena2011

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I currently have a Galaxy S4. Everything about this phone has really impressed me. So I have to have one!

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

This guy is a Sammy fanboy hard body. He will defend Samsung even if they went the way of the crAPPLE... I love Samsung myself but c'mon, let people like what they like. I think its not much of an upgrade from the s4 but s3 it is. My wife has a s3 and is upgrading in the next month. Its between the note 3 and s5.

Again, it was my personal opinion, I am not trying to change anyone's mind
I think the Z2 is just as good as the GS5 but the reason I am choosing the GS5 is because it has more features I like
I also think the M8 is a really good phone, but I am sticking with the GS5
People here get so heated quick

saleheroes

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Don't think I want the galaxy s5, still set on upgrading my droid razr maxx to this galaxy note 3. Just for the simple fact that I get a huge boost in ram and battery life. With all that said, I do like the processor on the galaxy s5 and the water resistance. Its all going to depend on which phone I can get for cheaper when my Verizon contract runs out.

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll probably get a white S5, not as soon as it releases but not to much longer after that. I'm coming from a Moto X I just purchased in February, but will keep and use both phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish