Galaxy S5 vs Moto X

newtda513

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I am currently looking at getting either the moto X or the galaxy S5. Both phones look great. Which phone should I get and why should I get it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 vs moto X

I would say the Moto X. Touchwiz UI may have gone through an overhaul, but I think it is still going to have a fair amount of lag and stuttering, where as the X is almost as smooth as my Nexus.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Really it comes down to which you would prefer Screen Size wise, and Price Wise.
The Motorola X is an incredible phone still, and it's by no means outdated. Quick pricing online shows it is either free with upgrade, or very nearly free which compared to the $200 Galaxy S5 is very attractive.
You need to go to any carrier store and get both phones in your hands. Feel how each of the screen sizes feel in the hand, and compare the build qualities. That can really help your decision if you find the 5.1" Galaxy S5 too unwieldy or if you find you prefer the bigger size compared to the Motorola X.

Personally while it's a tough choice if my budget permits I'll likely get the Galaxy S5, or the HTC M8. While I do really like the appeal of the Motorola X, I'm a specs freak so I like having the latest and greatest even if it doesn't offer much improvements.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

]If you want small, moto x without a doubt. But your sacrificing battery life, screen quality and size, camera, processor and GPU for that smaller footprint. I've had a few moto x phones and they always underperformed for me in battery life and camera. The processor also lagged in certain apps which is completely what people said the x8 processor wouldn't do. Also, you can find a moto x off contact pretty cheap if your willing to go slightly used.

newtda513

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

Thank you everyone for all the information. I am going to get the galaxy s5.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

s5 is light year ahead and will be awesome.

So were other devices when the Moto X was released and it still out performed many. The Moto X is a great device that was designed to work extremely well with the hardware it was shipped with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

s5 is light year ahead and will be awesome.
"Light Years" Is definitely a stretch. The Moto X is still a great phone and spec wise the Galaxy S5 isn't that far ahead of it. Software wise the Moto X is probably in a better position just because Motorola's added features are nice, and it's mostly stock android which is quite smooth.

undulose

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

"Light Years" Is definitely a stretch. The Moto X is still a great phone and spec wise the Galaxy S5 isn't that far ahead of it. Software wise the Moto X is probably in a better position just because Motorola's added features are nice, and it's mostly stock android which is quite smooth.

I agree. I think both phones are unique and it's hard to say which is better. The user should focus on each phone's differences before buying..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781