Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon smartphones look like?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering about the price of the Amazon phones. If they can come out with something comparable to the Nexus or Moto G, that could be really tempting.

Sent from my Nexus 5

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I played with the S5 today at bestbuy. Was sold after 30 secs. Much nicer than my S4 and Touchwiz has been extremely refined. Regardless of what the M8 brings I preordered my S5. With the release of the M8, S5, and LG G3, later this summer, I think apple is in for a rude awakening. If apple doesnt hit a grand slam with their IP6 I think there days are numbered in the phone supremacy market. There will always be the Apple Fans but the GS5 is truly a great device

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I played with the S5 today at bestbuy. Was sold after 30 secs. Much nicer than my S4 and Touchwiz has been extremely refined. Regardless of what the M8 brings I preordered my S5. With the release of the M8, S5, and LG G3, later this summer, I think apple is in for a rude awakening. If apple doesnt hit a grand slam with their IP6 I think there days are numbered in the phone supremacy market. There will always be the Apple Fans but the GS5 is truly a great device
Hell the htc hero is better than the i$hit.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I think Apple has an advantage this year. All Apple fans are anticipating significant hardware changes. If they make the screen bigger, they will sell an obscene amount of phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

The S4 is thought, by some, to be a great device too. As is the Note 3, HTC One and G2. Folks that prefer iGadgets will continue to prefer them (some, believe it or not, have already COMMITTED in their mind the the iP6 (check the iMore threads)). However, each platform will continue to rob the other of users...such is how the game is played.

via the tablet

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The thing that Android has that iOS certainly objectively does not is a great phone for a bargain basement price. The Nexus 5 is quite a piece of kit.

via the tablet

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The thing that Android has that iOS certainly objectively does not is a great phone for a bargain basement price. The Nexus 5 is quite a piece of kit.

via the tablet
Yeah i have the n5 and its the best phone out there for the price point. Smooth as butter to. The only reason i may get the m8 is becuase i have a next upgrade and the design is pretty awesome. Just waiting for root and ill buy. Hold onto my n5 as a test phone or hand it down to my wife.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Is this about to turn into another "Android is great and iOS sux." thread?

via the tablet
ios doesnt suck. I dont dislike apple as i run osx on my pc. I just think its time for a total refresh. Probably the same thing microsoft will end up doing with windows phone now that theres a different ceo with different visions.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
ios doesnt suck. I dont dislike apple as i run osx on my pc. I just think its time for a total refresh. Probably the same thing microsoft will end up doing with windows phone now that theres a different ceo with different visions.

Voice of reason, eh? 👍 😀 I kinda like iOS7.1 just fine but as long as Apple keeps the OS amazingly simple they're welcome to revamp, IMO.

via the tablet

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i have the n5 and its the best phone out there for the price point. Smooth as butter to. The only reason i may get the m8 is becuase i have a next upgrade and the design is pretty awesome. Just waiting for root and ill buy. Hold onto my n5 as a test phone or hand it down to my wife.

Best phone out there? Please save your effort. The Nexus 5 is probably the smoothest android phone out there but the best it is not.

- The camera is worse than the S4/Note 3/G2/Z1.
- Battery life is fairly poor and is non-removable
- The speaker is quiet and poor quality.
- The screen is washed out when compared to the One/S4/G2.
- It lacks a card slot since its a nexus

The Nexus 5 is a great phone for its price but to call it the best is simply dumb. I used to only own Nexus phones as they were the best in my opinion but Google has shown that they don't care about the whole experience of a smartphone as every generation of devices lack in various areas.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

Best phone out there? Please save your effort. The Nexus 5 is probably the smoothest android phone out there but the best it is not.

The Nexus 5 is a great phone for its price but to call it the best is simply dumb. I used to only own Nexus phones as they were the best in my opinion but Google has shown that they don't care about the whole experience of a smartphone as every generation of devices lack in various areas.

He said "...for the price point..." What is better for $350 new off-contract? The funny thing is that the S3 still costs more than that, I believe...and it has little right to...IMO.

via the tablet

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

2 mistakes; you didn't read and you quickly criticized someone else's opinion.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Bad battery you say? Funny as ive been unplugged since 8am and i still have 94% left. As far as the camera i dont care. If you want professional photos, well use a real camera not a smartphone. Storage arguements are invalid as they offer 32gb versions. The speakers are fine for me. Maybe your hard of hearing? Washed out screen? Funny as its the best screen ive seen on a device that ive owned and i had a note 3.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: anyone holding off ordering the S5, just to see what the HTC One 2 or Amazon ...

The s4 was the worst phone ive had. The s5 wont be much better. Especially with knox and a locked virgin tight bootloader. How did the m8 fall short? If anything i bet it will be phone of the year again just based on design. I also bet we get s-off and more development.

Just my 2 cents. Btw i think we had this arguement last year too. ;)

are you saying the the S4 is still a virgin? I always figured that someone must have found a way to break it by now... :( guess not... :( If that's the case, I imagine the S5 must be even harder to crack, no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835