Should I return my Note 3 for a Galaxy S5?

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
What do you guys think should I return my new note 3 and wait for a s5 or would that be a bad choice?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should I return my note 3 for s5

My wife has the Note 3 and I would rather have the S5. The only reason, IMO, that the Note 3 makes sense is for watching videos and S PEN. The screen size may be bigger but the resolution is still 1080x1920. The Note 3 has a lower DPI then the S4 so obviously lower than the S5. Its all about end user preference. Some people like the larger screen though I dont see what you get out of the larger screen.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I'd keep the Note 3. It's not a big upgrade, if at all. It all depends on your usage though; if you got the Note 3 in the first place I assume you had a reason for that. If the S5 doesn't meet those same needs, don't return it

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I'd keep the Note 3. It's not a big upgrade, if at all. It all depends on your usage though; if you got the Note 3 in the first place I assume you had a reason for that. If the S5 doesn't meet those same needs, don't return it

I bought the note 3 because it has better specs than the s5 and i liked the stylus concept but to be honest i don't use it much the reason I am contemplating getting the s5 is because rumors are saying that a new note 4 is on the horizon and i like having the latest phones like the s5.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I bought the note 3 because it has better specs than the s5 and i liked the stylus concept but to be honest i don't use it much the reason I am contemplating getting the s5 is because rumors are saying that a new note 4 is on the horizon and i like having the latest phones like the s5.

Keep calm and get the S5

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central. I would keep the Note3, as said before, its not that much if at all an upgrade.....just my .02 cents.....ENJOY

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

If you can afford to upgrade every six months, go for it :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The only real difference between the Note 3 and S5 is that the S5 is water-resistant and has a fingerprint scanner, and that ultra power saving mode...other than that its pretty much the same

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

If you can afford to upgrade every six months, go for it :)

Its not the fact that i can afford to upgrade every 6 months or not its just that i bought the note 3 a few days ago on my upgrade as i got a half decent deal and i can still return it for another phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I personally wouldn't. I will be sticking with the Note series.. I love this thing :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

What phone do you have now and can you stand to use it until the S5 comes out? If so, wait it out. I got the note 3 because of the huge screen. I rarely use the s pen. I would've went with that 6 inch sony device if it wasn't for the huge bezels.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Its not the fact that i can afford to upgrade every 6 months or not its just that i bought the note 3 a few days ago on my upgrade as i got a half decent deal and i can still return it for another phone.

Ah, in that case I'd keep it. The Note is still a great phone, and it's new to you, so you shouldn't have an issue using it until the Note 4 is released

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Keep the Note 3, then swap it for the Note 4 which will likely have a better screen and far better specs than the S5 in 6 months.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Keep the Note 3, then swap it for the Note 4 which will likely have a better screen and far better specs than the S5 in 6 months.

Don't think we'll see a huge spec bump in just six months. Probably same everything except RAM and CPU

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

The only real difference between the Note 3 and S5 is that the S5 is water-resistant and has a fingerprint scanner, and that ultra power saving mode...other than that its pretty much the same
Smooth .. I think there is more than what you mention........... but anyway...... I am dumping my Note 3 for the 5....... you stayed with the S4 and had no experience with the N3..... so I give up the 3 any time. My Note 3 was not that good and I found out that i couldn't care less about the Pen......... and really the size of the 3 .......even though is somewhat manegeable .... its a bit to big ............that is my reason.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance