Hands on with the Galaxy S5

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to BB and played with the s5 for awhile, I was left very impressed! The camera is amazing! They've really did a good job with cleaning up the interface and clutter, their is a link in the camera app to download more shooting modes and 4 are available right now, 1 mode is completely new called ?light trace"

In the demo phone the fingerprint scanner is not on the device for obvious reasons, but over all I'm excited.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

livefreak

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hands on with the s5

I stopped at my local Best Buy, and they do not have them on display. Just wondering, would you consider the "Shimmery White" feminine looking at all?

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

How is camera focus/shutter speed? Some folks said it's quite slow despite their 0.3sec claim from phase detection auto-focus tech.
I'm more interested in speed of single shot mode, not multi-shot mode for refocusing that's slow. If single shot is slow to shoot, that's disappointing.

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Samsung was not joking it does have a very fast shutter speed on normal mode

Fabian Blandford

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Does the camera have the 'Surround shot' (Photosphere) mode as the note 3 has? I use it alot to make 360 deg shots for Google maps street view.
My Note 3 did not have the 4K video mode as it wasn't the snapdragon model.....do all the S 5 's have 4K video or are there different CPU's like the Note 3?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I stopped at my local Best Buy, and they do not have them on display. Just wondering, would you consider the "Shimmery White" feminine looking at all?

I wouldn't. I always buy white phones. They look so clean. Black phones look so boring to meet and show grease and fingerprints.

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

I saw somewhere on here that there were directions to find out what stores had them to demo...i can''t for the life of me find it anymore. Anyone know how to find out what best buy stores have them to demo?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to BB and played with the s5 for awhile, I was left very impressed! The camera is amazing! They've really did a good job with cleaning up the interface and clutter, their is a link in the camera app to download more shooting modes and 4 are available right now, 1 mode is completely new called “light trace"

In the demo phone the fingerprint scanner is not on the device for obvious reasons, but over all I'm excited.

What does "Light Trace" do?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was also impressed. Felt really good in hand and was so smooth scrolling between screens and apps. I actually liked it more compared to the one. The one feels slippery, with the metal finish. Plus felt much smaller compared to the one. Mark me as one who isn't a huge fan of the metal on the one. It also was pretty hot from the short amount of time using it, not sure if it was a bad model or what. But I think the s5 is going to get a lot of sales because it's a solid device and felt like much more than a "minor upgrade" over the s4

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I saw somewhere on here that there were directions to find out what stores had them to demo...i can''t for the life of me find it anymore. Anyone know how to find out what best buy stores have them to demo?

They have them at att stores now too if best buy around you doesn't have them.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I was also impressed. Felt really good in hand and was so smooth scrolling between screens and apps. I actually liked it more compared to the one. The one feels slippery, with the metal finish. Plus felt much smaller compared to the one. Mark me as one who isn't a huge fan of the metal on the one. It also was pretty hot from the short amount of time using it, not sure if it was a bad model or what. But I think the s5 is going to get a lot of sales because it's a solid device and felt like much more than a "minor upgrade" over the s4

Criticize them all you want, Samsung makes a solid device! I feel that that is the main reason they sell so many units.....not marketing as some say.

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

You should be able to go to the best buy website and navigate thru there. I can't remember exactly where, but that's how I found a best buy near me. Sorry if this is Kind of vague, but I can't find the link