Galaxy S5: Any idea on when we're going to start seeing reviews?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much all the major tech sites should have there S5 review units by now. They will have the next 2 weeks or so to create there reviews and on April 11 they will release them.

The reason they are going to wait until April 11, the official launch day is because Samsung most likely made them sign Non-disclosure agreements which prevent them from releasing the reviews early.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much all the major tech sites should have there S5 review units by now. They will have the next 2 weeks or so to create there reviews and on April 11 they will release them.

The reason they are going to wait until April 11, the official launch day is because Samsung most likely made them sign Non-disclosure agreements which prevent them from releasing the reviews early.

I would say the reviews can come at any time since the phone is official and preorders are live.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I would say the reviews can come at any time since the phone is official and preorders are live.

Im basing this on what happened last year with the S4 where like 15 or so reviews all came out on release day.

Do you really think some tech website is going to hold there review back unless they are forced to? They want the exclusivity of being first to release a review so they can get a lot more web traffic.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Im basing this on what happened last year with the S4 where like 15 or so reviews all came out on release day.

Do you really think some tech website is going to hold there review back unless they are forced to? They want the exclusivity of being first to release a review so they can get a lot more web traffic.

I think we are saying the same thing. We don't know when the embargo ends, could be any day since the phone is already official and pre-orders are being taken. I suspect it will be at least a few days before the actual release date to generate some buzz.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think we are saying the same thing. We don't know when the embargo ends, could be any day since the phone is already official and pre-orders are being taken. I suspect it will be at least a few days before the actual release date to generate some buzz.

Yeah it could be, I look forward to that day as I will get nothing done and will spend the day endlessly reading reviews :)

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little concerned by this part of the Russian review:

"It is curious that during the presentation indicated that it can be used in the rain, but do not drop into the water. Let me remind you that the standard of protection IP67 suggests the possibility of diving to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes. At Galaxy S5 has built a plug for microUSB-socket, but there is no visible protection of audio jacks. From informal conversations revealed that the company specifically emphasizes that we should not throw the phone in water. It can withstand immersion standard IP67, but tightly closed lid will lead to leaks. The company believes that it will not be covered by warranty. All products with IP67 have the same notes in the instructions, they can not swim, they can not be lowered into the water."

What it sounds like to me is that while it is IP67, there are many points of failure (not snapping the back on properly, not sealing the charging port properly) and they do not want to encourage users from dunking it in water or swimming with it. So if everything is set up correctly, yes, you can submerge it. But they won't officially allow it or they will open themselves up to tons of warranty exchanges for water damage. Anyone who wants to submerge the phone does so at their own risk.

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little concerned by this part of the Russian review:

"It is curious that during the presentation indicated that it can be used in the rain, but do not drop into the water. Let me remind you that the standard of protection IP67 suggests the possibility of diving to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes. At Galaxy S5 has built a plug for microUSB-socket, but there is no visible protection of audio jacks. From informal conversations revealed that the company specifically emphasizes that we should not throw the phone in water. It can withstand immersion standard IP67, but tightly closed lid will lead to leaks. The company believes that it will not be covered by warranty. All products with IP67 have the same notes in the instructions, they can not swim, they can not be lowered into the water."

What it sounds like to me is that while it is IP67, there are many points of failure (not snapping the back on properly, not sealing the charging port properly) and they do not want to encourage users from dunking it in water or swimming with it. So if everything is set up correctly, yes, you can submerge it. But they won't officially allow it or they will open themselves up to tons of warranty exchanges for water damage. Anyone who wants to submerge the phone does so at their own risk.

It looks pretty water resistant to me.....
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/373766-galaxy-s5-water-resistance-test-video.html