'The Galaxy S5 has the best smartphone display ever'

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy to play with it and the display was AMAZING! The phone is much brighter than the S4 and to me it looks clearer too

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear real experiences support the claim. I'm really excited about this phone. I'm on Verizon with no plans to switch, but I may have to swing by AT&T (I hear they have demo units) to check it out myself.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
That's high praise. I was impressed by the display, but haven't been able to use one outside so I wouldn't have been able to make that claim. They must have really refined the display from the S4 and that's a welcome improvement on my end.

It's getting more and more difficult not to want to buy this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw the display in person and it was really bright and vibrant. I loved it. I will definitely be getting this phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how it will be in direct sunlight. Anyone using a S4 now that has demo'd a S5? A big difference screen wise?

bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I saw it this morning at Best Buy and the display really is great. Bright colors that pop. Really excited for this phone!

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
My OCD got ahold of me and I had to call tmobile just to make sure I was still getting it! I'm so excited it does have amazing colors. Another reason why I got the black because the colors will POP.

BKBayemi

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Apparently the cinema mode is has extremely accurate colors. Impressive battery, screen tech, camera, study build, the s5 is shaping up to be a next best seller and a great upgrade for s3 users. If Samsung can promise 10 to 12 gb of usable space with a more optimized tw (I'm asking for at least m8 speeds), then the s5 can turn out to be a good upgrade for an s4 too

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just wonder about OLED degradation. I'm not sure how often it happens though. That's the only thing about OLED displays that scares me.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Meh, this was said about the S4 last year. It was ok. Literally no review that i read mentioned how dim it was. Compared side by side with my One, it's not an exaggeration to say that it was half as bright at any given brightness setting. Also, autobrightness was jittery, unresponsive and generally inadequate.

Displaymate completely glossed over that. Additionally, the rest of their review was suspect, with them saying one thing but their graphs right above contradicting their statements. That was pretty well dissected on this forum last year.

Given that, I'm taking anything DisplayMate says with a huge grain of salt, despite the optimism I have for AMOLED tech in general. That tech girl on Youtube (forgot her name) did an excellent breakdown, explaining the shortcomings of AMOLED in general and in the S4 display specifically. Mainly debunking the "color accuracy" myth touted by several reviews.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Meh, this was said about the S4 last year. It was ok. Literally no review that i read mentioned how dim it was. Compared side by side with my One, it's not an exaggeration to say that it was half as bright at any given brightness setting. Also, autobrightness was jittery, unresponsive and generally inadequate.

Displaymate completely glossed over that. Additionally, the rest of their review was suspect, with them saying one thing but their graphs right above contradicting their statements. That was pretty well dissected on this forum last year.

Given that, I'm taking anything DisplayMate says with a huge grain of salt, despite the optimism I have for AMOLED tech in general. That tech girl on Youtube (forgot her name) did an excellent breakdown, explaining the shortcomings of AMOLED in general and in the S4 display specifically. Mainly debunking the "color accuracy" myth touted by several reviews.

That's the S4. There's quite the difference between it and the S5. When you actually see the screen, you'll more than likely change your stance.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't care I can't wait to use the power saving grey scale screen. Bring it on!

I tested it out and its pretty neat! The only slight downside is that it took a little bit for it to implement when selected. I am assuming due to it turnign off some radios and what not. When it went into grey scale it reminded me of an e-ink display. I know its not but this is a pretty nifty feature I KNOW I will use.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
There is an option to turn on grey scale without turning off the radios or the mobile data. Tried it out at best buy and I think it's awesome.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
That's the S4. There's quite the difference between it and the S5. When you actually see the screen, you'll more than likely change your stance.

Yeah, of course - that was the S4 and this a different phone. I'll wait to see it in person before I make my judgement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12