Verizon S5 supports svlte, but not svdo or volte. Radio info inside.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
According to the fcc filing, the Verizon S5 supports svlte but not svdo or volte.

On the radio side, it supports gsm/EDGE /utms 850/1900. Lte support for bands 4 and 13. It is most likely a quad band gsm but fcc filing only deals with US bands.

e7ydyvu5.jpg

muhuze7y.jpg

y8y6ape5.jpg

vuseheba.jpg

etaga9uq.jpg

I can post this for other carriers if this is something that people are interested in

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
wait question.. volte I don't care about because that'll probably suck battery, but what's the other two?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
wait question.. volte I don't care about because that'll probably suck battery, but what's the other two?

Svlte =simultaneous voice and data over 4GLTE

Svdo =simultaneous voice and data over evdo (3g)

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I figured ok thanks. seems they're doing away with simultaneous 3g and voice. they're really only focusing on 4g now.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't Verizon supposed to be moving to VoLTE this year and if so why wouldn't the latest phone support it and will there be a software update later to add the ability or has Verizon done the usual thing and screwed their customers by not making it capable of future needs on their horizon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't Verizon supposed to be moving to VoLTE this year and if so why wouldn't the latest phone support it and will there be a software update later to add the ability or has Verizon done the usual thing and screwed their customers by not making it capable of future needs on their horizon.

Probably not an update since it isn't in the fcc filing. Verizon could file again, but not likely. On the s4, the fcc filing mentioned b4 support even though it wasn't officially available until an update months after release.

Verizon won't sunset cdma until 2021 at the earliest anyway, so you should be fine unless you plan to keep your phone until that time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae