Need Help: Japanese Galaxy S5

Hellbound

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm stationed in Japan and trying to locate where and when I can buy the Galaxy S5. I've been to so many cell phone stores and nothing. Everything is Iphone. No posters or a hint of the Galaxy S5 coming out. I've searched the internet and nothing pops up on on this device. Has anyone here heard of a Japanese release date or any information on when I can buy one with a carrier. Your help is appreciated!

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Well the carriors Docomo, Au and SoftBank in japan release there phones in seasons, I don't believe docomo or SoftBank has unveiled their spring line up yet,docomo carried the Galaxy s4 so I'm sure they will carry the s5 at some point but yeah you might just have to wait until they unveil there 2014 spring line up. Hope that helps

Posted via Android Central App

Hellbound

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Appreciate the info. I just got out here and trying to hold off without a cell phone for work till the phone is released. I love the battery life of the new one and will make sure to wait..... It's a shame they don't do releases like everyone else.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Forget the Galaxy S5, just go over to AU and get the LG isai, ( 0 yen to buy now ) it is the same as the LG G2 but comes with a micro-Sd slot

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not a big fan of lg products. Im pretty set on the Galaxy S5 but thanks for the input

LG has come a long way, also be prepared to spend over 80,000 yen for the Galaxy S5 as docomo will not discount this phone, also you will need to sign up for a 2 year contract.

I got my LG isai which tops any Samsung phone for the price of 0 yen, why spend over $800 US dollars on a phone when you can spend 0 US dollars on a phone with the same specs?
http://www.au.kddi.com/english/mobile/product/smartphone/lgl22/feature/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs