Galaxy S5: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

jeffrich21

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone getting the phone at Costco?

Costco is now showing, as previously mentioned, the Verizon S5 for $99. Online only it says. Hopefully I can get it in store at that price. We'll see in a couple of hours.

MsKate

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Costco is now showing, as previously mentioned, the Verizon S5 for $99. Online only it says. Hopefully I can get it in store at that price. We'll see in a couple of hours.
Yeah, I got an email updating the price. Let us know if you were able to price match in store!

HateWP

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
BestBuy couldn't match Costco's price if they tried. That's because Best Buy charges tax on the full retail price of the phone.

Furthermore, SquareTrade insurance that's available at Costco is $100 for 2 years, with just a $50 deductible. If purchased from Best Buy, you'll pay $11/month ($264 for 2 years) for insurance and that's with a $150 deductible per claim.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Verizon will sell you a phone unlocked w/o a plan also, right off of their website.

poulsbotrader

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I will never buy a cell phone at Costco again. Last month my wife and I got new phones, an S5 and Note 4. The salesman said the S6 was not that great so my wife purchased the S5. Big mistake. The sales person also said if we signed up for a Verizon tablet it would be free when we switched over to the Edge program. When it was time to sign the paperwork I noticed there was an extra 10 dollar a month service charge, we would pay taxes on the full price plus forty bucks the tablet itself after rebate. I don't call that free. Our son wanted an S6 with 128 gbs of ram so we had to order that and was told it would take two weeks. We never got a call or email so we came back and were told it was at the Costco warehouse and it would be in the store within a week. Two weeks later no cell phone and no notifications. I called up and the salesperson said they did not know what was going on and she had to check it out. She never called me back. I called back the next day and she said they could not find the order and if I wanted to cancel it I would have to call Verizon which I did and they never had the order in the first place. Costco said if I came in to reorder they would give me a 50 dollar Costco gift card. When I was shopping there this Saturday I dropped by the cell phone outlet and was going to order again to get the 50 bucks but changed my mind and decided to go through Verizon since I could have it at my door in two days rather then waiting a week to who knows. All the time and BS is not worth 50 bucks to me. Costco ordered the phone anyway and said I would have to call Verizon to cancel before I could order another phone from them. Stopped by the Verizon store that day and they said Costco would have to cancel not me. Now the order is in limbo again because Costco and Verizon can't cancel it. Stay away from buying a cell phone from Costco. It's not any cheaper either unless you include the car charger and usb cord they give you. They also give a better guarantee.

poulsbotrader

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Screen protector is not included now. Had to pay almost 30 buck more for that. Ordered S6 phone and they screwed up the order. Other a month later no phone and they kept stringing me along so I purchased it from Verizon online and it gets delivered right to my door in two business days. Love Costco but I will never buy a cell phone there again. I guess it's OK if you don't have to order a phone. It gets shipped to their warehouse from Verizon and then to their store.