Galaxy S5: kids mode????

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
was really looking forward to the kids mode, as i let my kids play with my phone. However, i read a review today that said the att version did not come with the kids mode. can anyone confirm... ?or have a reason why att would remove?

Last edited by a moderator:

puremeerkat

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: kids mode????

On my M7 the kids mode wasnt on there. I have ATT. So I wouldn't count on it. You can probably flash a custom Rom though later on to get it

Posted via Android Central App

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I haven't heard that but I can't think of a good reason why Cingular would do that. Doesn't mean they won't but I'd be mildly surprised.

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I didn't know it was an app store app. The booklet I picked up dedicates a whole page to kids mode. Seems crazy Att would disable it.

jestep_97

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I agree with the OP, AT&T removing something as simple as this is just bad. Really can't stand them, but they are the cheapest for what I need :(

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

It's not disabled. Go into widgets and put the icon on a home screen. Click on the icon to download the app.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I agree with the OP, AT&T removing something as simple as this is just bad. Really can't stand them, but they are the cheapest for what I need :(

Someone pulled their jump to conclusions mat pretty quick huh. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jon Garrett

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Its totally available on AT&T. dont know if it was back in April but its certainly available now if you're still interested. it works quite well. it keeps your child out of places they dont belong. I only wish it could also disable the emergency dialer because my baby constantly dials 911.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Widgets. Put the kids mode widget on one of your home screens, then click on it. It gives you the option of installing it.

Posted from my S5

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have at&t I got my phone in april and kids mode was already preinstalled and I used a it lil bac in april. Since then I have rooted and removed it. So I dont know if becuz of any recent updates was it removed or not but when I brought the phone on at&t and from the at&t store it was present

Posted via the Android Central App

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Kid's mode has been available on AT&T since day one.
However, it has to be selected in Widgets first, and then installed.
It takes up quite a lot of space, including kid's camera, music, etc., and cannot be moved to SD card.

MrsKCB

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
was really looking forward to the kids mode, as i let my kids play with my phone. However, i read a review today that said the att version did not come with the kids mode. can anyone confirm... ?or have a reason why att would remove?

I have an S5 through at&t ... it definitely has kids mode and my daughter uses it every chance she gets. It's amazing and doesn't allow her out of it or access to anything else on my phone. It is in your widgets when you first get the phone!