messaging app not responding

imovaherenow

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I just got my wife a galaxy s5 ,, i used smartswitch to transfer her data from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy 5s .. now the messaging app is not responding. i'm assuming its cause my wife never deletes txts and has over thousands... how do i delete the older txts and keep newer ones if the app is non responsive:mad:?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Try using Hangouts, it and set it to manage your SMS, see if you can see all your old SMS and delete the ones you want, then try to go back and see if the default App opens. Then decide if she wants keep using hangouts, if she likes it, if the default app keeps failing you may want to think on a reset.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got my wife a galaxy s5 ,, i used smartswitch to transfer her data from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy 5s .. now the messaging app is not responding. i'm assuming its cause my wife never deletes txts and has over thousands... how do i delete the older txts and keep newer ones if the app is non responsive:mad:?

you cam go to menu and should see an option to delete...dont do them all at once......

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

You have to completely turn off and disable and log out of imessage. Check out this thread for help.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...galaxy-note-3-cant-recieve-texts-iphones.html

Posted via Android Central App

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Start from scratch, not sure why people save so many texts

It's not the saving of the texts the problem is that imessage is intercepting the texts so you have to log it off or something and the text will immediately start coming through the shiny new S5

Posted via Android Central App

Christina Evans1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
You have to log out of iMessage with your wife's phone number on EVERY device that iMessage is associated with using her number. Once that happens it takes up to 24 hours for apple to remove the phone number from their list of iPhone numbers registered for iMessage. I just did this yesterday, knowing I was getting the GS5 today so that there wouldn't be a problem. By last night I was getting all my messages as texts, even on the iPhone I was still using. I also did call apple support just to be sure that it was removed and I wouldn't have any problems

Leeannew

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I disabled imessage on both iPad and iPhone 2 days ago and still today wasn't getting texts on new att gs5 from iPhone users. Had to call Apple support to get them to disable it. Then it worked.