got 2 galaxys gave up unlimited data on family plan did i get ripped off

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
upgraded 2 of the 4 phones and instead of unlimited i have 8 gigs total for 30/mo on each line, can i call back and do better then that, or is that an ok deal?

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
What's your total average monthly data usage? (based on your past experience - how much do you normally use a month, in total? - factoring in the multiple lines?)

If it's going to be less than 8GB a month, then it's a good deal.

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
around 6-7 gigs, never has exceeded that

did the same thing as you except we got 10 gigs. data usage never got close to that, plus im really never in a situation outside of being in transit where i have extreme data needs and dont have access to wifi. its a good deal.

97TAWS6

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I gave up my ATT unlimited to get the 10GB family share plan (unlimited calling, text + hotspot tethering on our Samsung phones :) We never exceeded 5GB/month so its worked out.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
What's your total average monthly data usage? (based on your past experience - how much do you normally use a month, in total? - factoring in the multiple lines?)

If it's going to be less than 8GB a month, then it's a good deal.

anywhere from 22GB to 110GB per month... so I assume I'm not a good candidate? :D

I can't begin to imagine what my 4-line account will cost if I didn't have unlimited data.

Actually, even a Verizon rep couldn't tell me how much, because their highest data plan only goes up to 50GB.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
anywhere from 22GB to 110GB per month... so I assume I'm not a good candidate? :D

I can't begin to imagine what my 4-line account will cost if I didn't have unlimited data.

Actually, even a Verizon rep couldn't tell me how much, because their highest data plan only goes up to 50GB.

Do you not have any form of internet available to you at home or work?
Just wondering

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
8gb per line is about the best you can get when giving up unlimited. If you want to keep unlimited then there are ways to do so and get subsidized phones that are discussed in the link in my signature

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
8gb per line is about the best you can get when giving up unlimited. If you want to keep unlimited then there are ways to do so and get subsidized phones that are discussed in the link in my signature

i have 8 gb total, not per line

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If it saves you money and it still fits your needs/usage then it is a good deal. For some giving up unlimited is a bad thing, for others it saves them money.

In my case I use around 15GB a month during baseball season and 3-5GB a month when the season isn't going on and this is only me on an individual account.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
i have 8 gb total, not per line

Ah well if it works for you then good. Usually I hear Verizon offering 6gb per line for those on unlimited data.

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
got ya...well im paying the same total, just wondering if people got better deals then 8 gigs total on a family plan for 120 4 lines

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
got ya...well im paying the same total, just wondering if people got better deals then 8 gigs total on a family plan for 120 4 lines

$120 for 4 smartphones with 8gb shared is pretty good for verizon.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Do you not have any form of internet available to you at home or work?
Just wondering

the fastest download speed at home is 1.5mbps down and 768kbps up. They(the cable company and DSL provider) said they "may" upgrade" it to 3mbps by end of this year.

consistently get 20mbps or better on my Verizon phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles