Which micro SD card have you bought or going to buy?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If you get the Samsung class 10 will that fit with the Dell venue 8 pro Tablet or with the SanDisk is it cross platform compatible. I'm new with this stuff.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, any brand Micro SD card will fit in any device that uses a Micro SD card if that's what you're asking. The cards are all made to the same standard irrespective of manufacturer.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Great, thank you mhunter!

You're welcome. Just stay with the leading name brands and pay attention to the Class of the card. The higher the Class the faster the read / write speed of the card. For example, a Class 10 is faster than a Class 6. This is important when using in a device that takes HD video and images in higher resolutions.

tdub90

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Picked up a SanDisk 32gb C10 on Amazon for $20.00. I was bummed to find out Kitkat will not let you download pics, movies, etc. Right to SD card. Wtf. That's why I got the SD card. Hope this changes.

I read something like this last night. I thought it had to do with applications. Alot of people writing comments seemed extremely turned off by this and restricted. Didn't quite understand all their tech talk.

But you really can't write music and other media on cards from your androids with new kitkat anymore?
I'm assuming a little flash drive would be same thing?

If not we still have Dropbox and cloud storage which is kind of cool.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen information regarding the phone's ability to make full use of the USB3 transfer speed?

I mean, can the phone max out a 45MB/s card, let alone one of those 70MB/s cards?

When I travel, I often load up the SD card with a lot of shows, so it isn't unusual for me to want to transfer 15 to 20 GB of video onto the card. With my GS3 I always had to peel the back off and pop the mSD card out to put it into a faster card reader, but if the phone can transfer at fast speeds, that would be great.

If the phone could actually saturate the 30MB/s read speed of the ultra cards, I'd consider getting one of the faster cards.

-Suntan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen information regarding the phone's ability to make full use of the USB3 transfer speed?

I mean, can the phone max out a 45MB/s card, let alone one of those 70MB/s cards?

When I travel, I often load up the SD card with a lot of shows, so it isn't unusual for me to want to transfer 15 to 20 GB of video onto the card. With my GS3 I always had to peel the back off and pop the mSD card out to put it into a faster card reader, but if the phone can transfer at fast speeds, that would be great.

If the phone could actually saturate the 30MB/s read speed of the ultra cards, I'd consider getting one of the faster cards.

-Suntan

This is on my Sandisk 128gb microSDXC card which is rated for 30MB/s.

enu4yzu9.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is on my Sandisk 128gb microSDXC card which is rated for 30MB/s.

Was that on your Note 3 or on the GS5? Also, were you in the dedicated "USB3 mode"?

PS - Folder Orginizer ftw. I thought I was the only one still installing that on every new device I get. ;)

-Suntan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Was that on your Note 3 or on the GS5? Also, were you in the dedicated "USB3 mode"?

PS - Folder Orginizer ftw. I thought I was the only one still installing that on every new device I get. ;)

-Suntan

This was on my note 3. This was just a sd card test, not connected to the pc.

I liked folder organizer but decided to just use the backup function in Nova, got tired of reinstalling it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

GraveDigger27

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a couple of Samsung 64G B EVO micro SDXC cards (class 10) with adapter from Amazon.com on Black Friday for around $25 bucks each - I've had good luck with Samsung cards in the past in my Dell Venue 8 Android tablet and would think they'd be an excellent choice with a Samsung tablet.

My Android sucks

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I opted for the Samsung Pro Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 16gb
Up to 90MB/s Read (UHS-I Interface)
Up to 80MB/s Write (UHS-I Interface)

Bit overkill I know but it's always nice to have fast cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance