Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I watched videos all day on my lg while at work. I could get to 6 from 10 before needing to charge. Watching videos tho. Dropping 4 % from the time I wake up and get to my car is a redic.

Could you post screenshots of your battery stats?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
21j6bo0.png
g[/IMG]

2zsr75u.png

hv76rp.png

I've been at work and have MOSTLY only used the phone to discuss this issue and Facebook a bit.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I work at the airport and use the WiFi here. I don't think it's that unless it was this way at home. Since before I got to work I used up 8% of the battery doing nothing

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I work at the airport and use the WiFi here. I don't think it's that unless it was this way at home. Since before I got to work I used up 8% of the battery doing nothing

WiFi calling all the time while at the airport? Without cell preferred the radios are going to be using battery

Tina Williams s5

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: How's everyone's battery life so far?

Welcome to AC :)
To take a screenshot, press home and power for a few seconds. You should see a white frame around the screen and then it will save to your gallery.
That dont work for mine it just goes to some get google net page or some crap anyway my battery is averageing on daily use 1day 13.5 hrs its a SM- G900I asian model and i use facebook all day and whatch rugby leauge highlights regularly

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Or you can swipe the outside edge of your hand across the screen and it'll take a screenshot. My wife loves that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I must look like a fool doing that over & over but nothing happens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I must look like a fool doing that over & over but nothing happens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Need to have Palm Capture on. Holding home and power button still works

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not knocking Samsung but today's Super Phones can last this long that I can live without removable battery.

This is why I want Samsung completely change their S and Note series.

SHIFT_pro s5

joe11116

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
WiFi calling all the time while at the airport? Without cell preferred the radios are going to be using battery

I'm a little confused as to what you mean? I made one 12 minute call to tmobile to complain about the problem. It shouldn't be using it all day.

I went to tmobile after work and was told I was supposed to let it die at least twice after full charge to kick start the battery in to known just how long it actually has. My battery lasted about 10 hours today without a single use of video and music or streaming. Looking at other screen shots I can't help but feel like mine is under performing

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not knocking Samsung but today's Super Phones can last this long that I can live without removable battery.

This is why I want Samsung completely change their S and Note series.

SHIFT_pro s5

If they were to make a phone with a non-removable battery, they should make it another series and not change their current ones

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Best battery on any smartphone I've had so far, great, great numbers constantly, you need to make some adjustments and disable unused apps and features but the results are great.

Here are my stats from yesterday, mobile data on all the time during the whole day, only off when used Ultra power saving mode during sleep time, about an hour on YouTube, browsing and using emails all day plus a little over 30 minutes on Bluetooth paired with my Gear 2 Neo using it with S Health while running, Streaming videos from Youtube and Vevo and 1 movie from Crackle through my Chromecast, so far very impressed. Notice that when I say that some adjustments are needed I mean, notice how my Screen is again greater than Android system, and that's something that since the kit Kat update on my S4 I haven't seen.

Just have Location reporting off, OK Google voice command off, turned off all Samsung apps except Samsung Apps, S Health, Gear Manager and Calendars, Location is off until I Need it, I have all the air gestures and motions on except Stay on, well to many things to explain but in a summary I have everything I possible can think of using turned on and using them and I still manage to get this great results.

Screenshot_2014-04-27-08-40-56.png

Screenshot_2014-04-27-08-41-05.png

Screenshot_2014-04-27-08-41-24.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge