Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
have you gotten rid of the Bloatware apps yet?

On Verizon phones, Amazon Suites and other Amazon named apps will drain the battery in about two hours or so.

I got rid of all the bloated unwanted apps.... actually you can't delete them, but you can turn them OFF.

Settings/Apps/Apps Mgr/ALL

huge list there, just go thru it and turn OFF everything you don't want.

I have turned off the following on a Verizon phone:

Accessories, Amazon, Amazon App suite, Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Appstore, Audible, BlurbCheckout, Bubbles, FamilyBase Companion, Flipboard, Message+, Messages, MyMagazine, NFL Mobile, Picasa Uploader, S Health, Smart Remote, Travel Wallpaper, Verizon Support & Protection (McAfee), VZ Navigator (pay for fee Navigation.... Google maps is free)

Google branded that I turned
OFF:

Calendar Sync, Contacts Sync, Play Games, Play Movies & TV, Play Music, Play Newstand, Hangouts, Isis Mobile Wallet

After I trimmed all that fat off the phone, the battery drain immediately improved a lot. Even with GPS and DATA left on.

Lalremruata Hauhnar

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have been holding Samsung galaxy s5 for the last two weeks from reliance digital, marathali branch and this is what I get from you Samsung.
The battery life is horrible it won't last me 5 hours with normal usage. The device heats up like crazy when charging, with a few minutes of browsing, gaming, watching videos, even when making calls. SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been holding Samsung galaxy s5 for the last two weeks from reliance digital, marathali branch and this is what I get from you Samsung.
The battery life is horrible it won't last me 5 hours with normal usage. The device heats up like crazy when charging, with a few minutes of browsing, gaming, watching videos, even when making calls. SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG.

All of the things you mentioned would speed up the processor except calls. This would create heat on top of the heat created by charging. This can hurt battery life along with poor signal strength which is more than likely the fault of your carrier.

Care to explain to me why you're complaining about Samsung? Seems to me that you're expecting too much from Samsung and feel as if they should defy performance created heat some how...

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a bunch of things syncing and still go through the day with my battery
zujy8anu.jpg

umagu9e3.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Smoove_note

May 22, 2014
Visit site
My battery is really good .... no complaints so far and I've came from.a note 3 with really good battery life ...

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-19-18-11-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-18-11-00.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_2014-06-19-18-11-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-18-11-04.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 49

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I didn't read all the messages in this thread, but Android System is killing my battery so bad on my new S5 active.
I might go back to the note 3. I am getting the S5 active so I can take it to the gym and sauna.
ezeza7e9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery is really good .... no complaints so far and I've came from.a note 3 with really good battery life ...

Posted via Android Central App
I came from the note 3 as well. did you do anything to your s5? your battery looks good

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I got my S5 on May 29th. For the first week it was great. It would last 8 hours with heavy use. Now I'm lucky to get 5 hours and I don't know why.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I didn't read all the messages in this thread, but Android System is killing my battery so bad on my new S5 active.
I might go back to the note 3. I am getting the S5 active so I can take it to the gym and sauna.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/ezeza7e9.jpg

Try and reboot your phone if you haven't yet. That battery drainage is beyond unacceptable.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Only had a couple days, but I'm happy with battery life so far. Felt like I was always charging my razr maxx.

za3eby4a.jpg

6eje8yta.jpg

Last edited:

Smoove_note

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I came from the note 3 as well. did you do anything to your s5? your battery looks good

Nothing at all ... the battery is pretty good.... i traded this phone for a note 3 .... when I got it obviously I had did a factory reset .... maybe you should give that a shot ... honestly I see a lot of ppl complain about this phone how it stutters it glitches .. poor battery life ... but this phone is quite the beast of phones is really fast compared to my note 3 ... also had an iPhone 5s before the note 3 and the galaxy s 5 moves as quilt and butter smooth ... I'm really enjoying this phone

posted from the GALAXY S5 BEAST!

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Nothing at all ... the battery is pretty good.... i traded this phone for a note 3 .... when I got it obviously I had did a factory reset .... maybe you should give that a shot ... honestly I see a lot of ppl complain about this phone how it stutters it glitches .. poor battery life ... but this phone is quite the beast of phones is really fast compared to my note 3 ... also had an iPhone 5s before the note 3 and the galaxy s 5 moves as quilt and butter smooth ... I'm really enjoying this phone

posted from the GALAXY S5 BEAST!
thank you.
I did a factory reset (twice) and it seems a lot snappier. Battery is now very good too.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
thank you.
I did a factory reset (twice) and it seems a lot snappier. Battery is now very good too.

Keep in mind that after any major update a factory reset may prove beneficial. No need to do it unless you see a performance dip though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC