SmartSwitch Mobile

melbay

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to this forum, so Hi!

My AT&T S5 was delivered today. I've had an S3 for a couple of years. Apparently I can use Smartswitch to transfer everything (?) to my new S5. I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be, but should I start fresh with the new SIM card, or switch my old one over to the new one after the transfer is done?

Any tips?

I didn't realize I was going to need a new charger. :( Other than that, I hope I don't find anything else significant I don't like about it. And geez, the battery is BIG. Hopefully the size equates to battery life, as compared to S3's.....

Thanks in advance.

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You can still use the old MicroUSB chargers you just don't get the benefits of USB 3 speeds.

As for using smartswitch, it really doesn't matter what you do with the SIM. You simply add the app to both phones, and follow the instructions. It is a pretty painless process.

melbay

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks GeekNews, it was a very painless process. I highly recommend SmartSwitch to anyone considering an upgrade. I was expecting the worst, and was pleasantly surprised.

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Smart switch wont work on my or my wife's s3 to s5 swap...they never connect to each other.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk