Using nano sim with adapter??

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Will I be able to use a nano sim with adapter in the Galaxy S5? I don't have a problem with other phones where you need a sim tool to pop out the tray. But, the S5 doesn't have a tray.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Will I be able to use a nano sim with adapter in the Galaxy S5? I don't have a problem with other phones where you need a sim tool to pop out the tray. But, the S5 doesn't have a tray.
I am with sprint where I will not have a sim card BUT I think the sim card for other carriers is under the SD card slot. Based on the iFixit review. I am not sure if it is nano or not. :-\

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a nano sim adapter. Just have to be careful inserting and taking it out. Works the same way on my note 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I am with sprint where I will not have a sim card BUT I think the sim card for other carriers is under the SD card slot. Based on the iFixit review. I am not sure if it is nano or not. :-\

actually, you will have a sim card on your sprint gs5

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have used a Noosy nano to micro SIM adapter in my s4 so the same type of SIM card spring loaded holder on Samsungs. It worked great.

I got it off of Amazon for a few bucks.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Please be careful when trying to use a adapter. I tried to use one with my note 2 and had a issue where the nano sim popped out of the adapter as I was inserting it into the slot. I ended up with just the adapter in the slot witch caused the little prongs to get messed up. Ruined the phone. Luckily I had best buy protection and was able to swap it out. So beware.

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Please be careful when trying to use a adapter. I tried to use one with my note 2 and had a issue where the nano sim popped out of the adapter as I was inserting it into the slot. I ended up with just the adapter in the slot witch caused the little prongs to get messed up. Ruined the phone. Luckily I had best buy protection and was able to swap it out. So beware.

This ^ ..be careful. I actually hold my phone facing up, and slide the adapter with the sim card into the slot. That way gravity keeps the Nano sim card in the adapter. I take it out the same way, with the phone facing up, and reaching underneath to take the adapter out.

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Have a sim in my s4. Need it for the 4g. And yes be very careful with the adapters as they will get stuck. Cheaper to just buy one you need to fit your phone!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
People are unreliable. Adpapters work fine if you get a good one with a good fit. I switch my nano SIM weekly between a moto x , nexus 5 and lumia 925. And s4 when I had one. Samsung has the only spring loaded SIM holder I have seen so just take your time.

Just make sure your SIM is properly seated in the adapter and you pay attention while doing it.

I was hesitant to do it because of these anecdotes but just pay attention to detail and you will be fine. My .02.

Having said this, if you are not going to swap SIMs between phones, I would get a micro SIM as well.

Sent from my Moto X!

Last edited:

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
People are unreliable. Adpapters work fine if you get a good one with a good fit. I switch my nano SIM weekly between a moto x , nexus 5 and lumia 925. And s4 when I had one. Samsung has the only spring loaded SIM holder I have seen so just take your time.

Just make sure you SIM is properly seated in the adapter and you pay attention while doing it.

I was hesitant to do it because of these anecdotes but just pay attention to detail and you will be fine. My .02.

Sent from my Moto X!

Agreed. Never had a problem with my adapter and I use it all the time.

Posted via Android Central App

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Just make sure your SIM is properly seated in the adapter and you pay attention while doing it.

Having said this, if you are not going to swap SIMs between phones, I would get a micro SIM as well.

Sent from my Moto X!
really? the one I had was from noosy don't know if there bad or good but I'm normally pretty good with things like this and I had a problem. darn me and my unreliable self. and the sim slot being spring loaded really has nothing to do with it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
really? the one I had was from noosy don't know if there bad or good but I'm normally pretty good with things like this and I had a problem. darn me and my unreliable self. and the sim slot being spring loaded really has nothing to do with it.

I had a Note 2 also. Never had a problem...I use Noosy and this one:
Amazon.com: Sadapter 999765-SNCA Nano SIM to Micro SIM Card Adapter - Retail Packaging - Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

Never had an issue with either. Until all SIM sizes are standardized if you want to switch SIM between phone with different size SIM card an adapter is needed. If you only have/use one device it makes sent to get the SIM for that device.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a Note 2 also. Never had a problem...I use Noosy and this one:
Amazon.com: Sadapter 999765-SNCA Nano SIM to Micro SIM Card Adapter - Retail Packaging - Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

Never had an issue with either. Until all SIM sizes are standardized if you want to switch SIM between phone with different size SIM card an adapter is needed. If you only have/use one device it makes sent to get the SIM for that device.

well I am glad you never had a problem . but it only takes one time for the sim to slip out of the adapter and the adapter go past the prongs and the phone is most likely screwed because its nearly impossible to get it back out without damage. but im glad you've never had a problem hopefully you being so reliable you never will.

really don't know why you bothered posting as you added nothing helpful. other than to boast that you've never had a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22