xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
First time owning a Galaxy phone but heard about it killing SD cards on previous models. I hear mix reviews about possible fake cards causing the issue. If I was to get it from Amazon are the ones sold by Amazon be the best bet? Or avoid online completely

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not really the seller, it is mainly the brand. Often the more unheard of brands, second rate, etc. If you can find a good deal on Amazon for a good name brand card, and it is sold and shipped by Amazon, I would go for it.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
First time owning a Galaxy phone but heard about it killing SD cards on previous models. I hear mix reviews about possible fake cards causing the issue. If I was to get it from Amazon are the ones sold by Amazon be the best bet? Or avoid online completely

Its hard to know whether its a genuine product when its on Amazon. The best thing you could do is head over to a Samsung store and let them recommend where you will buy one or buy one from them. Its kind of a risk purchasing from an online store. And don't be afraid, Samsung handles SD cards really well,just make sure you get a genuine product brand and you will never have any problems.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Its hard to know whether its a genuine product when its on Amazon. The best thing you could do is head over to a Samsung store and let them recommend where you will buy one or buy one from them. Its kind of a risk purchasing from an online store. And don't be afraid, Samsung handles SD cards really well,just make sure you get a genuine product brand and you will never have any problems.

They are overpriced though....

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had a fake SD card from Amazon before, however the good thing about Amazon is that they refund or replace no quibbles. I'm not sure if it's the SD card or the phone that makes some of them very corrupted.

I've got one 32gb card that is 2 years old and I've used it in 3 phones (galaxy's).

I've had 2 32gb cards get corrupted in a galaxy tab 2 10.1.

At the moment I've got a 64GB card in my note 3. I think if you buy from Amazon you are covered because even if it gets corrupted they will replace or refund.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I have used sandisk cards (even those where it says "made for Android" on the package) in various Samsung phones and they've all caused problems. Either they made the phone slow down or they got ejected at random. Now I got a Samsung one and its perfect.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Depending on what you're doing, it's a LOT of reading and writing. Some cards hold up better than others, I don't think it's the phone necessarily.

I had the card that came with the original Galaxy S and it lasted 1 year into the Galaxy S3 and I replaced it and now a year later (now) I popped that one into the S5. Both me and my wife lost are original SD cards around the same time actually.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've used Sandisk in all of of my devices (except iPhone) and never had a problem. When I had my S3 and (now Note3) everyone was having problems, my Sandisk 32gb and 64gb has worked flawless. I get my SanDisk cards from BestBuy as they match Amazon prices, that way I can see the original packaging so I know it's REAL.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There's a good little app on Google play called SD Insight. If you buy a fake it will report it as invalid. If the card is genuine it will report all the manufacturing info.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Key to buying from amazon is to make sure it is shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro