Inductive Charging

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I figured this might be a good thread to start since opening and closing the cover for the USB port could get pretty annoying. I know the phone has literally just been released but I thought we could get a discussion going about way to get inductive charging to work on the S5. I know Samsung has a replacement battery cover in the works that is Qi compatible. It's still unavailable as of right now. Has anyone else found any solutions yet?

Here' the link to the battery door...

Galaxy S 5 Wireless Charging Cover, Black

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung's own wireless charger shown with the S5

like you, i'm interested in the wireless inductive charging.

however, i do have a couple of questions:

- how much thicker will this caseback be compared with the stock caseback? i'm not sure i'd like a much thicker phone.

- i also prefer to have the Samsung squarish wireless charging base shown with the S5 (sort of leatherette center, looks like a coaster) rather than another brand's charger. do we know how much longer it takes to recharge via the Samsung-branded, shown with S5, coaster styled wireless charger? btw, that charger base comes with its own case back, but i do not know if there is a choice of caseback colors. there must be, right? otherwise, everyone who wants wireless charging would be forced to use a black caseback?!? that'd be an odd marketing decision!

hope some good folks here will have some answers!

thanks in advance.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung's own wireless charger shown with the S5

like you, i'm interested in the wireless inductive charging.

however, i do have a couple of questions:

- how much thicker will this caseback be compared with the stock caseback? i'm not sure i'd like a much thicker phone.

- i also prefer to have the Samsung squarish wireless charging base shown with the S5 (sort of leatherette center, looks like a coaster) rather than another brand's charger. do we know how much longer it takes to recharge via the Samsung-branded, shown with S5, coaster styled wireless charger? btw, that charger base comes with its own case back, but i do not know if there is a choice of caseback colors. there must be, right? otherwise, everyone who wants wireless charging would be forced to use a black caseback?!? that'd be an odd marketing decision!

hope some good folks here will have some answers!

thanks in advance.

i plan to order the wireless back as soon as its available so I'll let you know!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this battery back is the same as the battery back that comes with the charging pad. That back specifically works with that charging pad so it might be different or proprietary. Just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
if you bought the S5 and registered it, you get a 50% off mobile accessory so ordering from Samsung is your best bet.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The thing that bothered me is the fact it takes so much longer to charge as opposed to plugging it in. Like 40% slower using a pad. I always make it through my day with mine so just plug it in when I go to bed at night

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol