S5 camera failed

precisionnerd

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Just got S5 and got everything activated and synced. Went to take a picture and it comes up camera failed. I've Googled without much luck of finding any help. Done everything short of a factory reset that I can think of, which is not much. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

jhlrbt

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
You will see that message if you just bought the phone & your battery is less 30%. Charge it for an hour than restart your phone. Then everything will be good to go.
Enjoy your new phone.:)

precisionnerd

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Battery was at 70 percent when I got it. Didn't try charging for an hour. No memory card. Just did factory reset and is working fine now.

Thanks for the replies and help

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You will see that message if you just bought the phone & your battery is less 30%. Charge it for an hour than restart your phone. Then everything will be good to go.
Enjoy your new phone.:)

Can you not use camera below 30%? If so that's disappointing

Zabigayle

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you take the little piece of plastic off the camera. I did NOT take mine off til today so that could explain the less than stellar indoor pictures I've been taking. :p

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Lol I was in the store debating if it was a piece of film or part of the camera before I tore it off. I was so nervous...

Davy Burns

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
received mine this morning, everything ok except the CAMERA!, that's why I bought it! Vodafone says they will change it, but its such a nuisence

precisionnerd

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Update: Looks like I'll have to swap mine out. Camera failed again this morning. Not going to do another factory reset. Tried everything else that was suggested with no luck.

lcruz1008

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This has happened to me twice now. Looks like I'll have to take it back to the store too then. My battery is 81%, and it was high yesterday when it happened too.

swenlok

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Thanks for this post. That was exactly what happened to my camera on my S5. Just got the phone less than a week ago. I had installed the Go Flashlight several days ago and everything worked fine. Then my camera started failing every time I started it. Was thinking I'd have to factory reset and was NOT looking forward to that. Uninstalled the Go Flashlight and camera works fine now. Didn't even have to restart the phone. Seems like a bug that should get fixed if a stupid little app like a flashlight can crash the camera app.

Jhec Bartolome

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, got the same issued to my new Samsung Galaxy S5, called the tech support and he reset the cell, still the same problem. Tech support told me that I need to return the New Samsung Galaxy S5 for a New 1. Sucks!

qburt19

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here too. I tried everything from clearing the cache to factory reset and also holding the up volume, home key, and power button to clear the partition. It's not an apps issue on my part because I chose not to log into my google account to prevent the phone from reinstalling my previous downloaded apps. This time around the phone only had apps from the factory and the camera still failed. I sure hope its not a hardware problem because what good will it do if I trade in my phone for another phone with the same problem. Had high hopes for this phone, first time I ever switched from my HTC devices to a samsung and this is what I get?

101NEO

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
this is really not a HUGE deal. had the same issue. simply cleared data on the camera app and rebooted my phone. viola. problem solved.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
For people who have used go flashlight, there is already a widget that allows you to turn it onn directly from the homescreen which I think is pretty nice, Is there any advantage to using GO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781