Galaxy S5: Anyone using this phone naked

Skeld2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I think I could get by without a case but I don't like how it seems like it will always be laying flat on the camera screen...that should have been recessed slightly.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I returned my S5 due to the big scratch on the bottom of the phone. Got another one with two small chips on the side, but barely noticeable,

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I really enjoy the feel of the phone in my hand and was really tempted to keep it in the nude but I don't have the best history with keeping screens intact. I bought spigen thin armor. It is a high quality well built case and mimics the feel and look of the phone. Since it fits well and is so thin I really don't miss the naked feel of my s5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed any defects on their phone out of the box? Samsung has issues with quality control, it seems.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I returned my S5 due to the big scratch on the bottom of the phone. Got another one with two small chips on the side, but barely noticeable,

I've had that issue with my Note 2 and Note 3. Never anything major but I do have a couple of small chips on my bezel from the factory. I checked it before I bought but all the phones I looked at had the same issue so I just dealt with it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I was going to exchange the S5 due to the small chips on the side. But I am going to keep the phone because dealing with Samsung's QC is like a gamble and I don't want to end up with something worse.

Thank you all.

Zabigayle

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I decided to buy a Square Trade plan and am now going naked.

FYI I was able to get a 2-year protection plan for $69, so definitely worth it!

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S5

Last edited:

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The S5 is like a beautiful woman. I often undress it so that I can spend some quality time admiring its curves and body. It defintely feels best when my skin is in direct contact. But when it's time to go out, back on goes the stylish but necessary clothing, in this case, a Spiegen Air Cushion.

Yeah, that was corny. The real reason is my friend got his S5 20 minutes after me on Friday and he dropped in on the asphalt Saturday morning without a case. Now mine stay in the case for at least the first few months.

Graham Hansen

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Be carful if you have the white S5. Today i carried my brand new white S5 in my jean pocket and when i took it out the back had a nice blue tint to it. I was able to clean it off with a moist cloth but if you look under the right light you can still see a hint of blue. I am now using a case.

Tmakedon

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
No case here love the feel of it without . Many of the bigger phones just feel better in the hand without . I especially like the feel of the back despite the backlash on design.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My S5 is naked now but I want a case. Just haven't seen one that made me click buy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll suggest investing on any shatter-proof protective screen protector like the Spigen offers. The most vulnerable part on these phones is usually the screen. Very few people actually break or crack their phone bodies... usually ends up being the screen.
Unless you visit beaches or sandy places often, I think you can pretty much live without a case enjoying the slim look and feel of the phone as it was meant to be. (Sand causes a lot of easy scratches to the body)

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting a case for my birthday from my parents so I'll be going the next 2 weeks naked. I love the way the black S5 feels though in the hand. I'll miss it once it is covered up. I also plan on getting the wireless charging set, so that will be a whole other story lol

Posted via Android Central App

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I was watching one of the youtube video reviews of the S5, I kinda want to say it was PhonDog. Anyway, after using the phone for a week he was explaining his impressions of the phone (all positive), however as he was displaying the phone, I could see the chrome bezel around the camera lense was scratched all to hell! Obviously the phone wasn't in a case during the eval period, and that scratches on the bezel would drive me nuts!!

What are you guys doing to protect the bezel, or do you just not care.

jonhcox

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
That would drive me nuts too. That's one of the things that actually has kept me from buying the GS5. I take excellent care of my devices but that plastic chrome getting scratched up would bug me out, especially since it really looks nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma