Galaxy S5: Anyone using this phone naked

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was watching one of the youtube video reviews of the S5, I kinda want to say it was PhonDog. Anyway, after using the phone for a week he was explaining his impressions of the phone (all positive), however as he was displaying the phone, I could see the chrome bezel around the camera lense was scratched all to hell! Obviously the phone wasn't in a case during the eval period, and that scratches on the bezel would drive me nuts!!

What are you guys doing to protect the bezel, or do you just not care.

The plastic bezel or rim or whatever you want to call it (the chrome looking thing) really is the weakness of the phone, at least from a scratching or denting basis. It is the hardest to keep pristine, pretty much requiring a case. On the other hand, since it's not metal, if absorbs more shock on a vertical drop (i.e. when the phone hits on the rim), thereby providing some degree of extra screen protection. Still, I do wish it were more durable and able to handle small drops without denting. That's why I'm not caseless.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
My phone and I have been going naked since we met. We know the risks....it just feels so damn good.

LOL ok, enough innuendo. I purchased a case via Amazon that is taking 40 days and 40 nights to get here, so I haven't had much of a choice. I do enjoy how the phone feels (I am coming from a heavy iPhone 4S), and have been recently contemplating keeping it naked. I do like the thin, streamlined feel and wonder how much bulk and weight this case (whenever it decides to show up) will add to it.

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The S5 is like a beautiful woman. I often undress it so that I can spend some quality time admiring its curves and body. It defintely feels best when my skin is in direct contact. But when it's time to go out, back on goes the stylish but necessary clothing, in this case, a Spiegen Air Cushion.

Yeah, that was corny. The real reason is my friend got his S5 20 minutes after me on Friday and he dropped in on the asphalt Saturday morning without a case. Now mine stay in the case for at least the first few months.

Oh... my... god...

Posted via Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have always used some case or another.....the one time I took off a case, I dropped the phone.
Murphy's Law......same with a screen protector. Took off an old one because it was getting a little gnarly....somewhere between taking the old off and putting a new one on I got scratch...unbelievable! I believe in preventative action (also have OCD....I think).

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought the flip convert that snaps onto the back, but it looked to masculine for me.
Found an Incipio Duel Pro at Walmart. I'm a little worried about the camera lense too. This extends a little past the lense. Found it in tall and gray.

I thought about no case as I like how it looks, but decided to get one. I have the white S5 and like it. Plus t mobile sold the only 5 black they had.

Also picked up the Zagg invisible shield.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was watching one of the youtube video reviews of the S5, I kinda want to say it was PhonDog. Anyway, after using the phone for a week he was explaining his impressions of the phone (all positive), however as he was displaying the phone, I could see the chrome bezel around the camera lense was scratched all to hell! Obviously the phone wasn't in a case during the eval period, and that scratches on the bezel would drive me nuts!!

What are you guys doing to protect the bezel, or do you just not care.

There's a possibility he dropped it, let it move around rough objects, has debris that can be cleaned but he left it. I use a case myself but I'm still naked as I just got it today.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

bfeels

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Anybody using is naked, how is it holding up? Any issues with the camera scratching or breaking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
That's one of the things I miss about the S5----no case required. It's easy to grip, it's durable, and it feels good in the hand. I've got a lightweight TPU matte case on my M8 and it's great, but I HAD to put a case on it. I'm sure it's not that way for everyone, but I couldn't risk it slipping out of my hand. A lot of people give the S5 a hard time for it's design, but it's got a lot of advantages.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I was going to use it naked but ended up getting a case.Like i always usually do for all my phones.Using the samsung kind of clear rubber case at the moment. Has a weird pattern on the back. Not chunky still kinda nice a slim. Grippy but not too grippy. I like it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was going to use it naked but ended up getting a case.Like i always usually do for all my phones.Using the samsung kind of clear rubber case at the moment. Has a weird pattern on the back. Not chunky still kinda nice a slim. Grippy but not too grippy. I like it.

The Samsung Protective Gray case? Any pictures of this case in person if so? Mine is in transit.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't get my free Case Mate Sport she would be naked.

Until Samsung changes their Build it can go either way.

SHIFT_pro s5

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks decent but not as stylish as the previous Protective+ cases. Does it cover all the chrome trim? Its difficult to tell from the images.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois