s5 screen not lighting up when I receive a text message

bigdan7656

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Need help. My s5 screen doesn't light up or wake up when I get a text message like my note 2 did. Anyone have any input?

Posted via Android Central App

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Try going to messages, then menu, then notifications, is lock screen and status bar checked? Also try pop up display so you don't have to unlock your phone to reply to the text.

kenkirby

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am also having trouble viewing text messages while my phone is locked/sleeping. The phone would 'wake up' and display the text message briefly on my old Galaxy S2 but not on my new S5. I only get the blinking blue notification light which doesn't catch my eye.

My current Messages Settings has Notifications on with Vibrate checked (but grayed out for some reason) Pop-Up Display checked, and under Preview Message I have both Lock Screen and Status Bar checked.

I would think that all of these settings would allow the screen to wake up and show the text message when received but again, just the blue indicator light is activated. There must be some other setting preventing the screen to wake up when the message is received. Any advise?

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Strange, mine lights up from a text. I can't disable it. I prefer just the sound and notification light. I'm on tmobile.

jay461

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I don't think that is entirely true, because I have Sprint and my S4 USED to pop on when I would get texts, but now it doesn't. I would like for it to do it, but now it seems after trying all the normal troubleshooting, the only way it does it now is if I turn on hands free mode. So I think it's a glitch in the software that decided to make it stop working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12