Galaxy S5: So does a 32gb variant actually exist ANYWHERE?

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I gather that US carriers aren't offering 32gb models, but was curious if you could buy and unlocked one somewhere that would work on AT&T.

Just like with the Galaxy Tab Pros, it puzzles me why Samsung would build such high-end devices, and then gimp them with 16gb of storage. I'm starting to run low on space on my Nexus 4, and that's even without much music on it.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I gather that US carriers aren't offering 32gb models, but was curious if you could buy and unlocked one somewhere that would work on AT&T.

Just like with the Galaxy Tab Pros, it puzzles me why Samsung would build such high-end devices, and then gimp them with 16gb of storage. I'm starting to run low on space on my Nexus 4, and that's even without much music on it.

T-Mobile is. Only able to get it online or via customer care.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

ATT had the 32GB S4 come out a few weeks after the 16GB model and it was available online only as I recall. I agree that 32GB should be the base amount of internal storage. I think the Note 3 came out with 32GB as a base model so not sure why that did not happen with the S5.

If you really want a 32GB model I would wait a few weeks to find out when they are coming out or the M8 might be an option as it has 32GB and SD card as well.

A2theC

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I am interested in getting the 32GB model also, only reason I didn't preorder or go out and grab one today.....also I would like the blue one, but I can get a replacement cover for it as the blue one has a black colored face and I'd like white front/blue back.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I was in store today to confirm my date to move to a new plan. My 2 year contract is finally up.

So did they happen to tell you when it would become available to purchase? It isn't on their website yet or can I call and order it that way?

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I have the 32G international version it will work on AT&T but you will need to check LTE compatibility for maxing out data

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
32GB GS5 or I will just get the GN3 or wait for the GN4 to come out. I just won't accept at 16GB phone that has so little storage for my need. I know the arguments against the 32GB and how the 16GB should be sufficient but for me its principle and its what I want so I don't accept the arguments that 16GB users make. Give me 32GB GS5 or give me another phone that will.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So did they happen to tell you when it would become available to purchase? It isn't on their website yet or can I call and order it that way?

Have you called? When I went in the store rep that was helping me had to call in to verify my info and dates and also confirmed the 32gb.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for the 32gb on Sprint as well. If the KitKat app thing wasn't an issue then I could just up my SD card but that could come to bite you in the but with the 16gb version. Then if they wait to long I might just hold out and see of the Prime or Fseries or N4 is coming. I get it sell a bunch of 16gb wait for the 14 days or even 30 and then come out with a 32gb .

MSkuba84

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Because I saw this post, I had my fingers crossed as I called T-Mobile customer service, that finally I could jump off big red's ship and get the 32GB version... To my dismay, they didn't know why they didn't have a way to get it online or even a date when we could get it. So sadly, my wait must continue :( but as soon as that 32GB version hits, I'm getting that and Gear Fit. I remain hopeful that Samsung or T-Mobile provides us answers soon. 16GB just doesn't cut it for the kind of apps that need lots of internal storage. 32GB is the sweet spot.

Maybe you were only able to get the 32GB internationally... Haven't heard anything on US having it.

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Brought my S5 back yesterday because I'm waiting for the 32Gb version I've been friends with the at&t mgr for couple years, he said AT&T will be getting the 32gb and a gold version...didn't say when though, If the 32gb version doesn't come out in a couple weeks or so, I'll go back and get the 16gb. I'm just taking a chance that AT&T and company are pulling the same stunt with the S5 as they did with the S4.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I took the GN3 back today and picked up a GS4 32GB for now. If it comes out within 14 days I can swap it for the GS5 32GB if not, I will use this for a few months and then sell it and pay the difference to get the GS5 32GB. Either way I just didn't want a BIG phone and can't live with so little storage on the 16GB version.