Galaxy S5: Question about gallery layout

redsoxfan26

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Not on my Epic or S3. Or my wife's S2 or S3. You sir I think are not understanding what the problem is here. On my Facebook account I have many different photo albums. Those same albums always have shown in my gallery as those separate albums on my previous phones. On the S5 everything is jumbled into ONE album.

Sent from my Galaxy S?5 using Android Central

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Not on my Epic or S3. Or my wife's S2 or S3. You sir I think are not understanding what the problem is here. On my Facebook account I have many different photo albums. Those same albums always have shown in my gallery as those separate albums on my previous phones. On the S5 everything is jumbled into ONE album.

Sent from my Galaxy S?5 using Android Central

I understand. On my Facebook I have 16 albums. On all of my phones there has only been one single Facebook album with all pics there.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yup. And the same problem with Dropbox.

Both Facebook and Dropbox show up in my gallery, but my Dropbox has over 12,000 pictures in one folder.

On my S4, all my synced photos were in my gallery, but each folder corresponded to its album name.

Posted via Android Central App

jedtron

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a TabPro 10.1 and the gallery app on it has all my separate facebook and dropbox folders. Its wierd that the S5 does not do the same thing

Posted via Android Central App

ratgurrl

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing this, too. It's really annoying.

On my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 there was an album in the gallery called Facebook. If opened that album, I could see all of my sub-albums, then tap on a sub-album to view the pictures contained within.

On my Galaxy S5, there is an album called Facebook. When I open that album, I see all my pictures lumped together. There are no sub-albums.

The same applies for my Google/Picasa albums and photos. The file/folder organization is ignored by the gallery app on the S5.

Very disappointing revelation. However, on the plus side, the gallery app doesn't stop responding and crash like it did on my S3.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
What is the setting to see my Facebook pictures in gallery? The only thing I see is stuff I download.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

yazen@yahoo.com

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Dear all:

I am also on the same boat!! I loved my Note 2!! Now all my Facebook pictures "6000+" in one folder!!

Anyone tried solving this issue yet?

Please help.

Thank you,
Yazen

thumperer

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone made any progress on this gallery issue yet? Its REALLY frustrating to scroll through 4000 pictures to find the 1 I need!!!!!

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with my Picasa albums. I have about 5000 photos in one folder. We know they have the capability to do this right since it was correct on my s3 and my s4. I tried to email Picasa but so far no luck.

redsoxfan26

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think emailing Picasa will help at all as this is a bug specific to the S5.

Sent from my Galaxy S®5 using Android Central