Battery Problems

li33gwm

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Just switched from the HTC One to Galaxy 5 yesterday. Upon setting it up, loved it; screen looks great, easy to type on keyboard, etc.

It seems that the battery drains really quick - real quick! With the first HTC One (M7), had no problems with battery at all. I tried restarting the device twice, but still having battery issues. For example the phone was fully charged before I went to bed and then when I woke up 6 hours later it was already down to 67% with it being not used. What could be going on? Not an expert user with settings so any help would be appreciated before I decide I'm going to go back and just get the new HTC One. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Keep in mind the battery will need 4 or 5 charge cycles to get into the swing of things.

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome! Do I need to let the battery drain completely that many times before charging?
thats really just a myth. modern lithium batteries dont need to be power cycled to "hold charge". they'll love the juice whenever you give it and work hard when its not charging. i guarantee after a couple days of normal use and charging youll see it acting normal or as expected.

like most of us you might also be tinkering quite a bit and im sure that doesnt help. be mindful of all the apps you have running in the background

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome! Do I need to let the battery drain completely that many times before charging?

You don't need to completely drain batteries anymore. But the battery does need a few charge cycles to get into a rhythm.

li33gwm

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply again. In terms of apps running in the background, how do I know what is running so that I can turn some of them off? Here's what my battery settings says is happening:
Here's what is says for Battery Settings:

55% - Not Charging
10h 49m on battery

Android System - 19%
HD Widgets - 14%
Google Search 12%
Android OS - 11%
Screen - 9%
Cell Standby - 6%
Android Core Apps - 6%
WiFi - 4%
Device Idle - 4%

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Considering you just got the phone it probably still is doing a lot of background syncing all your Google services, should be fine once all that is done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463