08-05-2016 02:47 PM
106 1234 ...
tools
    Weather is under "show additional info"
    oh.

Guess I should click around some more to find this stuff, eh?

04-15-2014 10:48 AM
    If you don't have location on but your weather still updates on the widget...than your phone is magical and should consider selling it on ebay, lol.
    The widget updates via a set location. In order for the lock screen to update it needs to be on auto locate. It shouldn't make a difference. Would be nice if this was "fixed".
    04-15-2014 11:03 AM
    How could the weather widget update itself if you didn't have location set to on, lol?
    04-15-2014 11:05 AM
    When I opened that remote control app for the first time, I could not get those controls off my lock screen to save my life, I ended up turning off the entire app.
    If you go into the remote app settings there's an option to disable the remote on lockscreen so you can still use the app without taking over lockscreen.
    04-15-2014 11:07 AM
    How could the weather widget update itself if you didn't have location set to on, lol?
    location doesn't need to be on. You can manually set the location.
    04-15-2014 11:07 AM
    location doesn't need to be on. You can manually set the location.
    Ohhhh...right. I thought you meant like you wanted the weather to know if you were at home or work, ect.
    04-15-2014 11:20 AM
    Actually, this is happening to me too. I updated the refresh rate, and the temperature on the home screen has read 60 all day despite a drop to 47 this evening.
    04-15-2014 09:13 PM
    Yes I am seeing it too. It is not updating no matter what I have it set on. Also not updating everytime you bring your phone out of standby like it is set. Many times when I manually update it, it does nothing or says Service Not Available.
    04-16-2014 07:17 AM
    doesnt location service have to be on?
    04-16-2014 08:00 AM
    Yes, and location service IS on.
    04-16-2014 08:06 AM
    Same thing happening to me. I've got a Gear 2, which runs off that weather widget's data, so the watch doesn't update either. Even if I push a refresh from the watch, it won't update unless I unlock the phone. For me the weather will update if the phone is unlocked, but doesn't update at all on its own no matter what the refresh rate is set to. The watch works fine otherwise, I get email notifications and call notifications correctly, so I know their communication is working and that the phone is still communicating with the rest of the world when the screen is off. Seems like it might be a bug with the Accuweather widget itself.

I have location services on, but Data Roaming is off. Perhaps that's the issue, but not a compromise I'm willing to make just yet. However, 90% of the day the phone is on a good wifi connection, so it shouldn't need to be roaming around cell networks to update.
    04-18-2014 05:38 AM
    I spoke to Samsung support: they suggest wiping the app cache and app data. waiting to see if that worked.
    04-18-2014 07:49 AM
    I spoke to Samsung support: they suggest wiping the app cache and app data. waiting to see if that worked.
    And what app is that exactly??
    04-18-2014 09:08 AM
    If you go to "all apps" in the app manager, it's the weather app at the very bottom. you can barely make out "accuweather" on the icon. Or maybe you can see it clearly and my eyes are going.
    williams448 likes this.
    04-18-2014 09:21 AM
    Hello everyone. So I'm completely new to android devices so bear with me. On my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5, it seems like the weather degrees on the lock screen does not update. Is there something possibly not turned on in the settings of this phone? Anyone experiencing this?
    I have been testing this a lot with my gear 2 ans s5 and found you MUST have location services on or else it will not update your current location/weather. This IS a change from the S3 that I came from. If you kept location services off it would still update the last known location you had checked in at. I wished it worked this way still, instead they want to know where you are 24/7 now, no privacy.
    04-18-2014 10:15 AM
    If you go to "all apps" in the app manager, it's the weather app at the very bottom. you can barely make out "accuweather" on the icon. Or maybe you can see it clearly and my eyes are going.
    Thanks
    04-18-2014 10:49 AM
    The fix Samsung offered didn't work. Just got done with their support again. they have no further steps and said the phone would have to be shipped in to be repaired. That makes no sense to me, this is clearly a software issue. I guess if it's a dealbreaker to some folks you might want to either wait or return your phones. At this time they have no real solution, hopefully they'll release a patch for it sooner or later.
    04-18-2014 12:30 PM
    I called Samsung Technical support. They've not heard of this issue happening on GS5's, but it's a new phone. However, one of the people I spoke with said that on another phone, from another manufacturer, the same thing happens. So it sounds like the real issue is with the Accuweather widget and not the phone itself. According to http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...er-update.html using another widget that also pulls from accuweather might work and still keep the Gear updated. Going to try that next, see if that one auto-updates correctly. I've also made Samsung aware of this thread.
    04-18-2014 12:58 PM
    Installed Beautiful Widgets and directed it to auto-update every 30 minutes and pull that data from Accuweather. This is working without issue, so the problem appears to be with the Accuweather Widget itself.

so if you want accurate weather on your home/lock screens, alternatives work. Still testing if this solution will update the Gear 2 correctly.
    04-18-2014 02:27 PM
    Is there any way just to remove the weather from the lock screen?
    04-18-2014 03:07 PM
    Anyone have a problem where the weather widget just wont update and is blank now? I cant open setting or anything just shows me the time.
    04-18-2014 05:05 PM
    The app works that way. If you have location service turned off it will only display the time, no weather. I liked the old app that you could manually set a location to display always without needing to have location reporting turned on.
    04-18-2014 06:36 PM
    Having an alternative app pull the weather doesn't help with the Gear displaying the weather correctly, you still need location services enabled, and it still pulls the weather information directly from that somehow. I set Beautiful Widgets to a static location, but my watch shows my current location with location services on, or it won't update with location services off. Shame, LS really burns battery life, even with it just reading wifi. Plus, of course, that's one of the ways they track you, which is just kind of rude!
    04-18-2014 09:23 PM
    All my location services are turn on and I can't see my widget or on the lock screen anymore. Very weird.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-18-2014 10:07 PM
    Have you tried using an alternate lockscreen? Widgetlocker is a great replacement which is very customizable. My guess is that the issue is the app, not the phone, so maybe this would work with an alternate app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etlocker&hl=en
    04-19-2014 08:39 AM
106 1234 ...