08-05-2016 02:47 PM
106 12345
tools
    I still can't get the weather icon on the lockscreen....
    I have turned on the weather option in the additional section under settings and have turned on my location nothing happens ...
    04-22-2014 01:52 PM
    My lockscreen weather is not updating either and Idk why... It's weird

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    04-23-2014 01:03 PM
    I use Yahoo weather widget on my home screen and I can't seem to find where I can adjust the refresh time. I checked in settings and I don't see it. Anyone...anyone...? Bueller...Bueller haha
    04-23-2014 01:38 PM
    I did a few test on this over a few days to see:

There is a stock widget for the home screen and there is a weather icon/text that will display on the lock screen

I do not believe the 2 are related ( other than using location services)as I had the lock screen displaying weather detail and had never use the stock widget until reading this thread

The lock screen weather will not update correctly unless location service is on, I have both the google options set to off but I have set my location manually. I think only the loction is the important factor.

The home screen weather widget behaves like any other (eg beautiful or fancy widgets) except it uses location services, which I set to the low power option and both the google options set to off but I have set my location manually. I tried all the refresh options and it does not change the update frequency of the lock screen weather only the weather widget

After watching both over 24 hours the lock screen seems to update maybe every 6 hours or so or if you switch it off and on it will update after a shorter period, the weather widget will update based on selected settings

I removed the weather widget and just had the lock screen weather on and checked it against fancy widget on the home screen and it continued to work fine but it refreshes as I noted above only a few times a day so the icon is often wrong in the morning and evening for several hours until it eventually updates
    04-23-2014 03:05 PM
    It seems that you have to have the Location Services enabled, AND use the current location in the weather widget. It works at all times this way, but in my opinion, this is very stupid. A step forward compared to the S4, since it didn't have this option, but compared to the S3 it sucks.
    04-24-2014 02:28 PM
    I agree stupid, but those are the settings I have enabled, but most of the time it still doesn't update. I get "service not available" messages from the app all the time.
    04-24-2014 04:07 PM
    I agree stupid, but those are the settings I have enabled, but most of the time it still doesn't update. I get "service not available" messages from the app all the time.
    I have seen "service not available" on several weather widgets

I believe its a reflection of Accweather and not the App IMO
    04-24-2014 06:41 PM
    This is my first Android phone, from iPhones ever since the 3G. With this phone it seems like it is always a beautiful, sunny day! 70 degrees! At least, that's what my weather widget on my lock screen says. 40 degrees and raining out? Not according to the lock screen. 88 degrees out? Nope. My lock screen says it is always 70 degrees and sunny.

I have a feeling that I haven't set up the bit where it gets the weather from... but I can't find where that is!

I haven't rooted my phone, the only thing I did was replace the default launcher with Nova. Any idea? I'm already mourning the fact that Samsung won't let me change my lock screen widget, don't tell me they won't even let me have my own weather!
    04-27-2014 08:07 AM
    If you tap on the widget and then hit the menu key or three dots in the upper right, you can get to the app settings.

Posted via Android Central App
    keyzlife likes this.
    04-27-2014 08:17 AM
    Nothing happens when I tap on the widget. I don't see the three dots. This is the lock screen not the home screen BTW.
    04-27-2014 02:38 PM
    Yeah my lock screen always stated 70 degrees for some reason as well...I just turned it off and use the weather widget on my home screen
    04-27-2014 03:07 PM
    This is my first Android phone, from iPhones ever since the 3G. With this phone it seems like it is always a beautiful, sunny day! 70 degrees! At least, that's what my weather widget on my lock screen says. 40 degrees and raining out? Not according to the lock screen. 88 degrees out? Nope. My lock screen says it is always 70 degrees and sunny.

I have a feeling that I haven't set up the bit where it gets the weather from... but I can't find where that is!

I haven't rooted my phone, the only thing I did was replace the default launcher with Nova. Any idea? I'm already mourning the fact that Samsung won't let me change my lock screen widget, don't tell me they won't even let me have my own weather!
    Do a quick search there is already a long thread on this topic
    04-27-2014 03:11 PM
    Do a quick search there is already a long thread on this topic
    Yeah I found that now. I have a sneaking suspicion that the root of the problem is I'm using a different launcher. I'd rather have wrong weather on my lock screen than the TouchWiz launcher though.
    04-27-2014 05:10 PM
    It's so retarded to have to have location enabled to update the weather. Why doesn't it just assume that the most recent location is the correct one - it's for SURE that the last temperature with location on is NOT correct.

I have this problem also but it works for me when location is enabled.
    05-04-2014 04:21 AM
    I totally agree. The last iteration of this app on another phone I had would just let you set a permanent location that it would always display. I don't like the way this one works.
    05-04-2014 07:20 AM
    Location, Location consent, Agree.
    05-04-2014 07:46 PM
    Under settings go to lock screen, in that menu towards the bottom is additional information click on that to turn off the weather.
    05-08-2014 07:21 PM
    The Lock Screen weather info is tied to the "S Health", which has to be on in order for that stuff to update.

Settings --> Device --> Lock Screen --> Additional Information, Turn Off

The unchanging temperature/weather will disappear.

05-14-2014 07:42 AM
    If you don't have location on but your weather still updates on the widget...than your phone is magical and should consider selling it on ebay, lol.
    Why would that be "magical"? It should display the location that you have selected in the widget on the phone. I just noticed that the lock screen is displaying 0 C, even though the location that I set the widget to display is being updated properly.
    05-15-2014 07:43 PM
    I had the same problem. This is what I did to solve it.

In the locked screen, pull down the weather widget, unlock your screen. You will be asked to allow access to update weather by turning in location services. Allow it. Google might want you tutu show location access to all of its services. Choose "not now".

Lock the screen, the weather widget will be updated.
    Kathy Biega-Poncer likes this.
    06-17-2014 01:37 AM
    First you need to be sure the S5 Weather widget is on a screen ...

2nd you need to be sure the location setting is on ...
    06-17-2014 11:41 AM
    I have done everything in this thread to get the weather to show through the window and it does not. The pedometer shows, but no weather. Does anyone else have a helpful idea or should I return the cover, which I purchased through Samsung?
    06-18-2014 10:48 AM
    Make sure your dual clock is turned off. Go to settings, lock screen and dual clock. Mine was doing the same thing and when I turned off the dual clock,it was fixed
    08-16-2014 12:56 PM
    Turn on your gps

08-16-2014 05:11 PM
    So I had the same issue with adding the widget and just the clock appearing. I knew it was something to do with the location settings because a few days I was messing with these options to see if I could stop a major battery drain that has been happening on my phone since it updated on 8/9.

As I went through all of the location settings, I of course removed some apps that I did not think needed to be there such as accuweather and weather channel. There was an ambiguous service in the Location area set to High usage named "Unified Daemon" and this is KEY. I had disabled this service, not know what it was.

If you disabled or removed the "Unified Daemon", the weather will no longer show up in the Widget nor update. If you have refresh issues, you need to clear the cache on the "Unified Daemon". If you disabled it, the weather will not work on the widget that came on the phone until you enable it again.

I hope this helps someone. From all of the reading I found, nothing mentions this unified daemon but alas, this is a proprietary service from Samsung that they use for Lock Screen, Home Screen and Proprietary Widgets.
    08-22-2014 08:58 AM
106 12345