Weather on lock screen not updating?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5: Weather widget lock screen

Yeah my lock screen always stated 70 degrees for some reason as well...I just turned it off and use the weather widget on my home screen

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

This is my first Android phone, from iPhones ever since the 3G. With this phone it seems like it is always a beautiful, sunny day! 70 degrees! At least, that's what my weather widget on my lock screen says. 40 degrees and raining out? Not according to the lock screen. 88 degrees out? Nope. My lock screen says it is always 70 degrees and sunny.

I have a feeling that I haven't set up the bit where it gets the weather from... but I can't find where that is!

I haven't rooted my phone, the only thing I did was replace the default launcher with Nova. Any idea? I'm already mourning the fact that Samsung won't let me change my lock screen widget, don't tell me they won't even let me have my own weather!

Do a quick search there is already a long thread on this topic :)

sonofalink

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Do a quick search there is already a long thread on this topic :)

Yeah I found that now. I have a sneaking suspicion that the root of the problem is I'm using a different launcher. I'd rather have wrong weather on my lock screen than the TouchWiz launcher though.

sactori

May 4, 2014
Visit site
It's so retarded to have to have location enabled to update the weather. Why doesn't it just assume that the most recent location is the correct one - it's for SURE that the last temperature with location on is NOT correct.

I have this problem also but it works for me when location is enabled.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. The last iteration of this app on another phone I had would just let you set a permanent location that it would always display. I don't like the way this one works.

eclare21

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Under settings go to lock screen, in that menu towards the bottom is additional information click on that to turn off the weather.

TechiePilot

May 14, 2014
Visit site
The Lock Screen weather info is tied to the "S Health", which has to be on in order for that stuff to update.

Settings --> Device --> Lock Screen --> Additional Information, Turn Off

The unchanging temperature/weather will disappear.

Posted via Android Central App

bimmerdriver

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

If you don't have location on but your weather still updates on the widget...than your phone is magical and should consider selling it on ebay, lol.
Why would that be "magical"? It should display the location that you have selected in the widget on the phone. I just noticed that the lock screen is displaying 0 C, even though the location that I set the widget to display is being updated properly.

Anjaan Aadmi

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. This is what I did to solve it.

In the locked screen, pull down the weather widget, unlock your screen. You will be asked to allow access to update weather by turning in location services. Allow it. Google might want you tutu show location access to all of its services. Choose "not now".

Lock the screen, the weather widget will be updated.

HugAGeek

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have done everything in this thread to get the weather to show through the window and it does not. The pedometer shows, but no weather. Does anyone else have a helpful idea or should I return the cover, which I purchased through Samsung?

Steve Vacca

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Make sure your dual clock is turned off. Go to settings, lock screen and dual clock. Mine was doing the same thing and when I turned off the dual clock,it was fixed

Phil Goshen

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So I had the same issue with adding the widget and just the clock appearing. I knew it was something to do with the location settings because a few days I was messing with these options to see if I could stop a major battery drain that has been happening on my phone since it updated on 8/9.

As I went through all of the location settings, I of course removed some apps that I did not think needed to be there such as accuweather and weather channel. There was an ambiguous service in the Location area set to High usage named "Unified Daemon" and this is KEY. I had disabled this service, not know what it was.

If you disabled or removed the "Unified Daemon", the weather will no longer show up in the Widget nor update. If you have refresh issues, you need to clear the cache on the "Unified Daemon". If you disabled it, the weather will not work on the widget that came on the phone until you enable it again.

I hope this helps someone. From all of the reading I found, nothing mentions this unified daemon but alas, this is a proprietary service from Samsung that they use for Lock Screen, Home Screen and Proprietary Widgets.

pedser

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This works for me, here's what I did:
1. Went to empty new page and added the weather widget (just add to a home screen)
2. Go to settings and verify the auto refresh settings (mine was ay none)
3. Keep the widget for a day just to verify then delete

Thanks

djfleming22

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry this might be an older topic but is anyone still having problems with the weather widget updating in kitkat 4.4 etc please let me know

Cheers DJ :cool:

flandoman

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
This was driving me crazy with my new Alpha. Called support. Nothing. And didn't really see any solutions here.
Went to ATT store and luckily got a smart kid.
Settings/Applications Manager (put in list mode). Swipe to all applications. Scroll down to weather icon. Open. Force Stop and clear cache. Weather changed immediately. It was stuck on 42 degrees since I bought it even while in Florida. Hope it works for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney