08-05-2016 02:47 PM
106 ... 2345
tools
    This works for me, here's what I did:
    1. Went to empty new page and added the weather widget (just add to a home screen)
    2. Go to settings and verify the auto refresh settings (mine was ay none)
    3. Keep the widget for a day just to verify then delete

Thanks
    08-22-2014 10:51 AM
    Sorry this might be an older topic but is anyone still having problems with the weather widget updating in kitkat 4.4 etc please let me know

Cheers DJ
    09-02-2014 10:48 AM
    Turn on location,Then restart ....That's it folks
    09-23-2014 10:21 AM
    I had frozen unified daemon, unfreezing it fixed this for me.

Thanks!
    10-03-2014 09:21 PM
    This was driving me crazy with my new Alpha. Called support. Nothing. And didn't really see any solutions here.
    Went to ATT store and luckily got a smart kid.
    Settings/Applications Manager (put in list mode). Swipe to all applications. Scroll down to weather icon. Open. Force Stop and clear cache. Weather changed immediately. It was stuck on 42 degrees since I bought it even while in Florida. Hope it works for others.
    10-24-2014 11:48 AM
    BIG THNX

that solved all issues, i disabled that deamon cus of battery drain and as soon as i enable it it all worked again.

respect
    10-25-2014 06:29 AM
    Unfortunately the fix I posted worked to change the weather at that time, but hasn't updated since. Tried to do the steps again, but this time it didn't update.....So my frustration continues.
    10-27-2014 10:20 AM
    I've tried everything suggested here. Still no joy, mine has been stuck on 69 degrees and has never changed.

It's such a minor thing yet so maddening!!!
    10-31-2014 10:54 AM
    Followed Pedser's steps above. With a bit more detail.
    1. pressed down on the home page until the "widget" box appears. Clicked on that.
    2. pressed the 3 dots in a vertical line to give me a search widget option. Search weather.
    3. Pressed a weather widget (I used one I had from the weather channel---but I also downloaded the weather channel app so I don't know if that is why they were there) and dragged that to a relatively empty page
    4. Dragged the weather widget to my home page (after moving stuff off to make it fit)
    5. Let it sit there for a couple days and removed it. 3 days later and it is still updating. ----It's like making a fricking recipe
    I have my lock screen weather widget to on. Settings/lock screen/other information. And I have Locations on. Hope this works for others.
    10-31-2014 05:06 PM
    S View weather doesn't work unless location is turned on which is a battery drain. If there was an option to input your location once and save, it would suit most users who don't move about the country on a daily basis. "Transparent Weather" app doesn't need to have location on as you tell it where you are once and Robert is your mother's brother. Unfortunately S View is programmed to use AccuWeather. Wish Samsung would ditch that one.
    11-02-2014 08:14 AM
    Thank you - mine didnt show weather at all but i had disabled "unified daemon" on mine so re-enabled it and it works fine
    Sarah Wiemken likes this.
    11-10-2014 04:13 AM
    Thank you I just got my Gal 5 active and I did disable some stuff when I enabled it my weather worked again. Thank you.
    11-12-2014 08:56 AM
    Not for 3 days!
    01-09-2015 08:46 AM
    My weather has been saying 83 for the last few weeks and obviously it's clearly not considering there's been snow falling here in Denver now for the last 5 days now. How can this be fixed?
    02-26-2015 04:19 PM
    Same problem here. I'm about to install an aftermarket lockscreen because I really want to know what the temp is before heading out on my 2 mile walk to the train everyday after work.
    02-26-2015 07:34 PM
    I just fixed this on my GF's phone. It's probably been a problem since a recent OS update. Old stuff usually lingers. So here's the solution:

1 Turn off your phone
    2 Hold down the power button, the Home button and the Volume Up byttons to enter recovery mode.
    3 Using the volume up/down buttons, navigate to "wipe cache partition"(cant recall the name clearly but it should be something similar. Remember, you wanna wipe the cache not anything else.) and press the power button to execute.
    4 Restart the phone from the same menu

She made me lasange for doing this, it's well worth the trouble
    03-04-2015 03:18 PM
    Got it to work with AccuWeather finally somehow, it still works without location on and without AccuWeather updating. So I suspect it will always be 21 degrees...

Does anyone have this working with a third party weather app like weather bug?
    Mine is 21 degrees and a rainy cloud too. Driving me crazy
    03-18-2015 07:30 PM
    The lock screen on the S5 is tied to the Accuweather app. Make sure you didn't delete the app or turn it off. Notifications must be turned on as well.
    03-22-2015 09:12 AM
    The lock screen on the S5 is tied to the Accuweather app. Make sure you didn't delete the app or turn it off. Notifications must be turned on as well.
    That's good to know. I'm going to try clearing the cache on that and seeing if it helps.
    03-22-2015 10:36 AM
    You only need the Accuweather if you want to see the correct temp on your lock screen.
    03-22-2015 11:30 AM
    You only need the Accuweather if you want to see the correct temp on your lock screen.
    Which is exactly what I want. I'm in the same boat as the others here. Temp on my lock screen says 27 when it's 49 degrees outside. It's annoying to have to unlock the phone to double-check the weather.
    03-22-2015 11:37 AM
    Settings---Sounds and notifications----notifications---while locked... SHOW ALL CONTENT. Allows weather to appear on lock screen.
    MaxPower203 likes this.
    03-28-2015 09:23 PM
    I have my lock screen set up as Do Not Show Notifications and I have no problem with my weather always showing on the lock screen. This setting has nothing to do with lock screen weather display. Weather is not a notification.
    03-29-2015 09:41 AM
    I have my lock screen set up as Do Not Show Notifications and I have no problem with my weather always showing on the lock screen. This setting has nothing to do with lock screen weather display. Weather is not a notification.
    My weather was not showing up at all on my lock screen running Vision X T-Mobile version rom , Lollipop and using Nova Launcher. I tried everything to no avail (my lock screen is part of the rom) once I changed the notification setting to show all content my weather came on. When I turn this setting off my weather is gone.
    03-29-2015 05:51 PM
    Well you answered your own question then, custom rom - not stock. Your setup is incorrectly tagging all lock screen display options as notifications when they are not.
    03-29-2015 08:35 PM
106 ... 2345