Weather on lock screen not updating?

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

If you don't have location on but your weather still updates on the widget...than your phone is magical and should consider selling it on ebay, lol.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

anyone know if the weather/clock will show if the remote control is showing on the lock screen? I only show the remote controls now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

anyone know if the weather/clock will show if the remote control is showing on the lock screen? I only show the remote controls now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

When I opened that remote control app for the first time, I could not get those controls off my lock screen to save my life, I ended up turning off the entire app.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Where are you seeing Widget Options for the Lockscreen on the Galaxy S5?

When I go into the Lockscreen Settings, all I see is Screen lock, Dual Clock, Clock Size, Show Date, Camera Shortcut, Owner Information, Unlock Effect, Additional information and Help Text...?

Are you guys using a different settings menu? I don't see anything about Weather or any other widgets for the Lockscreen.

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Where are you seeing Widget Options for the Lockscreen on the Galaxy S5?

When I go into the Lockscreen Settings, all I see is Screen lock, Dual Clock, Clock Size, Show Date, Camera Shortcut, Owner Information, Unlock Effect, Additional information and Help Text...?

Are you guys using a different settings menu? I don't see anything about Weather or any other widgets for the Lockscreen.

Weather is under "show additional info"

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

If you don't have location on but your weather still updates on the widget...than your phone is magical and should consider selling it on ebay, lol.

The widget updates via a set location. In order for the lock screen to update it needs to be on auto locate. It shouldn't make a difference. Would be nice if this was "fixed".

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site

When I opened that remote control app for the first time, I could not get those controls off my lock screen to save my life, I ended up turning off the entire app.

If you go into the remote app settings there's an option to disable the remote on lockscreen so you can still use the app without taking over lockscreen.

decJenn

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Actually, this is happening to me too. I updated the refresh rate, and the temperature on the home screen has read 60? all day despite a drop to 47? this evening.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am seeing it too. It is not updating no matter what I have it set on. Also not updating everytime you bring your phone out of standby like it is set. Many times when I manually update it, it does nothing or says Service Not Available.

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. I've got a Gear 2, which runs off that weather widget's data, so the watch doesn't update either. Even if I push a refresh from the watch, it won't update unless I unlock the phone. For me the weather will update if the phone is unlocked, but doesn't update at all on its own no matter what the refresh rate is set to. The watch works fine otherwise, I get email notifications and call notifications correctly, so I know their communication is working and that the phone is still communicating with the rest of the world when the screen is off. Seems like it might be a bug with the Accuweather widget itself.

I have location services on, but Data Roaming is off. Perhaps that's the issue, but not a compromise I'm willing to make just yet. However, 90% of the day the phone is on a good wifi connection, so it shouldn't need to be roaming around cell networks to update.

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If you go to "all apps" in the app manager, it's the weather app at the very bottom. you can barely make out "accuweather" on the icon. Or maybe you can see it clearly and my eyes are going.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. So I'm completely new to android devices so bear with me. On my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5, it seems like the weather degrees on the lock screen does not update. Is there something possibly not turned on in the settings of this phone? Anyone experiencing this?

I have been testing this a lot with my gear 2 ans s5 and found you MUST have location services on or else it will not update your current location/weather. This IS a change from the S3 that I came from. If you kept location services off it would still update the last known location you had checked in at. I wished it worked this way still, instead they want to know where you are 24/7 now, no privacy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia