Weather on lock screen not updating?

flandoman

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the fix I posted worked to change the weather at that time, but hasn't updated since. Tried to do the steps again, but this time it didn't update.....So my frustration continues.

FLAWLESSVW

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I've tried everything suggested here. Still no joy, mine has been stuck on 69 degrees and has never changed.

It's such a minor thing yet so maddening!!!

flandoman

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Followed Pedser's steps above. With a bit more detail.
1. pressed down on the home page until the "widget" box appears. Clicked on that.
2. pressed the 3 dots in a vertical line to give me a search widget option. Search weather.
3. Pressed a weather widget (I used one I had from the weather channel---but I also downloaded the weather channel app so I don't know if that is why they were there) and dragged that to a relatively empty page
4. Dragged the weather widget to my home page (after moving stuff off to make it fit)
5. Let it sit there for a couple days and removed it. 3 days later and it is still updating. ----It's like making a fricking recipe
I have my lock screen weather widget to on. Settings/lock screen/other information. And I have Locations on. Hope this works for others.

rytenuff

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

S View weather doesn't work unless location is turned on which is a battery drain. If there was an option to input your location once and save, it would suit most users who don't move about the country on a daily basis. "Transparent Weather" app doesn't need to have location on as you tell it where you are once and Robert is your mother's brother. Unfortunately S View is programmed to use AccuWeather. Wish Samsung would ditch that one.

Diane Walker

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
My weather has been saying 83 for the last few weeks and obviously it's clearly not considering there's been snow falling here in Denver now for the last 5 days now. How can this be fixed?

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. I'm about to install an aftermarket lockscreen because I really want to know what the temp is before heading out on my 2 mile walk to the train everyday after work.

Guramannen

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Here's a fix for your problem..And loads of other problems including YouTube hanging and such,

I just fixed this on my GF's phone. It's probably been a problem since a recent OS update. Old stuff usually lingers. So here's the solution:

1 Turn off your phone
2 Hold down the power button, the Home button and the Volume Up byttons to enter recovery mode.
3 Using the volume up/down buttons, navigate to "wipe cache partition"(cant recall the name clearly but it should be something similar. Remember, you wanna wipe the cache not anything else.) and press the power button to execute.
4 Restart the phone from the same menu

She made me lasange for doing this, it's well worth the trouble

brijuco

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Weather Widget on Lockscreen?

Got it to work with AccuWeather finally somehow, it still works without location on and without AccuWeather updating. So I suspect it will always be 21 degrees...

Does anyone have this working with a third party weather app like weather bug?

Mine is 21 degrees and a rainy cloud too. Driving me crazy

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
You only need the Accuweather if you want to see the correct temp on your lock screen.

Which is exactly what I want. I'm in the same boat as the others here. Temp on my lock screen says 27 when it's 49 degrees outside. It's annoying to have to unlock the phone to double-check the weather.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have my lock screen set up as Do Not Show Notifications and I have no problem with my weather always showing on the lock screen. This setting has nothing to do with lock screen weather display. Weather is not a notification.

leon odell

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have my lock screen set up as Do Not Show Notifications and I have no problem with my weather always showing on the lock screen. This setting has nothing to do with lock screen weather display. Weather is not a notification.
My weather was not showing up at all on my lock screen running Vision X T-Mobile version rom , Lollipop and using Nova Launcher. I tried everything to no avail (my lock screen is part of the rom) once I changed the notification setting to show all content my weather came on. When I turn this setting off my weather is gone.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Well you answered your own question then, custom rom - not stock. Your setup is incorrectly tagging all lock screen display options as notifications when they are not.