Galaxy S5: I made a huge mistake today...

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: I made a huge mistake today...

If you treat your phone with any level of care it won't experience the battery depletion in a couple months as you mention below. In fact, in most cases by the time we see any sort of battery depletion concerns we are a few years in and it's time for a new phone anyways.

To each their own, just saying I disagree with this battery comment.

Nice! And a few months from now, when you're battery doesn't hold its charge as well as it does now, you can replace the battery and have the same experience you are having now!! Double nice!!!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

If you treat your phone with any level of care it won't experience the battery depletion in a couple months as you mention below. In fact, in most cases by the time we see any sort of battery depletion concerns we are a few years in and it's time for a new phone anyways.

To each their own, just saying I disagree with this battery comment.

Perhaps I should of been more clear.....around or after 2 years which is when most users experience battery drain from day to day use. I personally know some people that hold on to their device for well over 2 years and its nice for them to be able to replace the battery then not have the option. I agree with you....to each is own.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I've only heard of these mythical creatures in story books. Pff. People who keep their phone longer than 2 years lol. Jk

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
i still cant get over how fast the charge times are.

I'm holding off on judging the battery life until I've had it at least a week (although so far it's been impressive), but you're right about the charge time. Took an hour and thirty five minutes from 0℅ to 100℅. That's ridiculous.

Posted via Android Central App

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Originally Posted bykillakumes<br />i still cant get over how fast the charge times are.
<br />
<br />
I'm holding off on judging the battery life until I've had it at least a week (although so far it's been impressive), but you're right about the charge time. Took an hour and thirty five minutes from 0℅ to 100℅. That's ridiculous.<br />
<br />
Posted via Android Central App<br/>

Yeah it definitely takes takes a few charges cycles for the battery to come into its own. But so far with the extended usage that come with the first few days of having a new phone and the recharge times I'm very very pleased.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dminches

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My battery has been running down quickly. I made some changes including lowering the screen brightness. The app that is doing the most damage is google+. Is this gmail and chrome? If I hit the recent apps button and close some apps there does that mean there won't drain the battery?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

My teacher's roommate got an S5 but it had battery issues.

Thanks to it's removable battery, got another one, and was able to enjoy the same phone.

+1 for removable batteries.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery has been running down quickly. I made some changes including lowering the screen brightness. The app that is doing the most damage is google+. Is this gmail and chrome? If I hit the recent apps button and close some apps there does that mean there won't drain the battery?

Google+ isn't part of Chrome or Gmail. Its a separate application. Go to App Drawer > Settings > Apps > All Apps > Google+ and disable it since it sounds like you don't use it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr