Galaxy S5: Voicemail Notification Stuck

Daniel-san

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of this voicemail notification? It's stuck in the notification bar and won't go away. No voice message at all. Plus, it doesn't seem like I'm getting any new voicemails.

my service is sprint btw.

Last edited:

PAE2008

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue with a GS5 on my account, but not on mine. So far, I've tried on the phone app clearing the data, cache, and force stopping. Notification goes away for awhile, but anyways returns after a few hours.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had to go into my voicemail settings (actually call it) and deleted my settings and set it up again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, don't listen to me. I just restarted my phone, and the notification is back.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

puppies74

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok I too had the same issue, actually returned the phone and BOOM it happened again....after spending 3 hours in the store and getting the Samsung rep involved this is what we did....Now I have a sprint phone so not sure about other carriers but with Sprint their is a Voicemail app that comes on the phone. You have to follow these steps....

1. Do a hard reset on phone - be sure to back up everything because it will set the phone back to factory settings
2. Don't set anything up don't click any icons just let the phone boot up
3. Then go to the Voicemail APP and it will have new messages in it to welcome you to that service DELETE THEM
4. Boom the icon goes away and I have successfully restarted my phone and everything and it has stayed away....

Hope that helps.

zgroten

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
How long ago did you do this, and has the notification come back? I've been able to get it to go away for only an hour or two. Before I hard reset my phone I'd like to know if it is still working for you.

I've discussed the issue with Sprint, the tech told me they are getting tons of calls with the same exact issue. (5 new notifications). We went through a bunch of steps. I even had him activate an old phone, then reactivate the S5, didn't work.

On my own, I even froze both VM apps with Rom Toolbox, didn't work. I uninstalled both apps, didn't work. I deleted both apps, didn't work.
Even Gravity Box which has an ongoing notification blocker feature doesn't recognize the notification.

The only thing that temporarily fixes the issue is long pressing the notification, selecting app info, and either force closing or clearing the data of the phone app. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Thanks!

Carrier: Sprint
Model: Galaxy S5

Last edited:

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
When reporting problems like this its always helpful to list the carrier so we know of its wide spread or carrier specific, well unless i missed it.

puppies74

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry to report that when I woke up this morning the notification was BACK :mad:

I am also on the Sprint Network!!!

Sorry....

Hope this gets resolved...

Awals

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Same issue. Notification will not go away, I thought maybe it was because I had a voice mail on my previous phone when this one was being activated, but I doubt all of you had the same situation.
Running Sprint

How they can figure this crap out

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Clearing the data is a temporary fix. It comes back on reboot.

I had a voicemail update, and deleted the two default messages that came with it. I'm hoping that takes care of it.

adveris

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Spent 3 days dealing with the same problem. I even exchanged the phone. Issue is not with the phone as it is with the sprint voicemail. For some reason the voicemail server doesn't fully clear.. I have had them reset my voicemail and clear it multiple times. Every time I get a new voicemail, the same thing happens with the alert indicator. Sprint says they are working on it. I disabled the LED notification for voicemail it doesn't blink all night. Ifvthey cone up with a real fix I hope someone posts it on here.

Samsung Galaxy S5 on Sprint network

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03