Hide message preview on Galaxy S5 lock screen?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I cant figure out where to disable this. I want to be notified on my lock screen of messages but I would rather not have a small preview of the message. Can I change this on the S5?

TreoRock

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Hide message preview on lock screen?

I actually would like to see a preview of my text messages on my lock screen. Anyway to enable this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The option is in the Messenger settings, click notifications
ejasa9yp.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

jenpossy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

thank you i wanted my msg preview on too but looked everywhere and could find it thanks!

Mongezi

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi
I am having the same problem i can't seem to disable social network notifications and bbm or twitter messages from showing in my notifications panel ..how can i do this please help

Mongezi

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem even with the messages notifications disabled twitter, bbm and whatsapp messages still show on my notifications bar and i want to disable that

Tru Bee

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
For myself; I'm a small business owner and keep my phone and require that my staff keep their phones on my desk so that our attention is where it needs to be during business hours, but so that we can all have access in case of a family emergency etc. My desk is in an open area and centrally located in the business and accessible to everyone, and I'm rarely at my desk (there's not even a chair there).
I frequently receive messages from my business partner and corporate partners that have sensitive information in them that my staff should not see or know. (Think HR issues, new hire information, pay rates, etc.)
That is why I don't want a preview of messages on my lock screen.
Questioning someone's want/need for privacy is really not polite, but here's an example for you of why someone may need to make changes.

My preview is now vanquished and I'm much more comfortable with being able to lead by example and leave my phone with the others with no worries because everyone's privacy is protected and respected. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad