S5 Freezing Up

Kelpydoodle

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having the issue but I will have my S5 freeze up and go black after trying to wake it up. My interface and messaging also feels very laggy at times where I pretty much have to wait for it to respond. I had the S view case on when it was freezing so I've removed that but it didn't help. Do you think i should just return this back to AT&T to try and get this replaced?

Posted via Android Central App

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having the issue but I will have my S5 freeze up and go black after trying to wake it up. My interface and messaging also feels very laggy at times where I pretty much have to wait for it to respond. I had the S view case on when it was freezing so I've removed that but it didn't help. Do you think i should just return this back to AT&T to try and get this replaced?

Definitely take it back. Should be smoking fast. Every once in a while there is a lemon that comes off the line.

Tina Williams s5

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

i put this app "android central " on it and got a warning that i was running outa memory and it may freeze on my screen so i went straight to the app and uninstalled and its never said since dont know what went on there bnut have installed 15 more apps after that no warnings

GwenRosa

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My new s5 has been doing the same. I'll be on facebook or another application, and it'll freeze and then go to a black screen for a minute.

bestraincloud

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Mine did the same. Except the black screen lasted for a few hours. Even after a battery pull. It was replaced (for another one with a faulty charging flap) I am the most unlucky s5 owner

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I would take it back and exchange it right a way.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have heard that if you turn off all features of the phone and run a 3rd party launcher the lag will mostly be minimized! Good luck!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a slow down on mine yesterday. I was out running with music playing and using Runkeeper to track my run. When it announced the updates from Runkeeper very slow. Then when I went to wake up the phone it took it well over a minute to wake up then a minute or so to unlock the screen. I am running the stock touch wiz launcher.

Dankijiji1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem... I hace the S view case and sometimes when I try opening or even turning on the screen even without the s view case the screen stays black and freezes up even when I press the power button. How do I fix this? Please help.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Kay Drayton

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I had this same question (which is how I found yours)! Seems like every once in awhile it just will not wake up, it does this thing where the two bottom buttons light up but the screen stays black, nothing short of pulling the battery out will fix the problem which is a real pain in the **** when you have a case that's hard to get off! I tried the S-vioce wake up also but that doesn't seem to work either, I think it's a software issue, I'm considering loading a new rom to see if it fixes the problem.

Lou King

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Note 3 (N9005), only 2 weeks old, and when I try opening the case or turning on the screen the screen stays black and freezes up. Sometimes the black screen resolves itself in a couple of seconds, other times it takes minutes and on occasion it's taken a full battery pull to resolve.
I'm using an authentic S-view case, but have also had this issue occur when I've turned the screen off using the power button with the case open, and it's not come back on again when I press the power button a second time.
I've checked the proximity sensor just in case that's the issue and it's working fine.
I'm wondering if this is an issue with 4.4.2?

Dankijiji1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have found a fix (at least has worked for me so far, which is pretty much all of. Today so far). Search for an Ota software update. Install thad and that has worked for me. For some reason it did not automatically find this update i had to go into the settings and then to software update and refresh from there.

Also to note the s view case seems to be more responsive as well, however I will still get some lag when I just hit the power key to check the time on the s view window. Sometimes it will go black for a few seconds until I open the case. I hope this works for you all as well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced any of these issues myself yet. My phone has been blazing fast out of the box. I am still using TouchWiz (for now) as well.

Mert Paker

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem. We went to Samsung shop inorder to buy an s-view case. At the moment Samsung guy put s-view on it, screen went black. Phone is working, two bottom buttons light up but the screen stays black, nothing fix the problem.:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2