S5 overheating

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Just to verify, I open the phone again and removed the battery and it says Made in China. Everything is made in china.. The phone, box, charger, battery, sim card and even samsung's microSD card is China.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Just to verify, I open the phone again and removed the battery and it says Made in China. Everything is made in china.. The phone, box, charger, battery, sim card and even samsung's microSD card is China.

I have Galaxy S4.

My battery is made in Korea but assembled in Vietnam.....
My phone is manufactured in Vietnam.

It depends on what variant and what model you have..............

Last year , Most china made batteries on GS4 seemed to be defective .

Even Samsung offered replacement program.

I am always cautious of Samsung's china phones......

Link where Samsung blames china factories :

http://gsminsider.com/2013/10/samsu...ng-plants-for-bloated-batteries-of-galaxy-s4/

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

MilitantRabbit

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually got a "Cool down" notification after running Disney Hidden Worlds for the first time. Sorry, Disney, I love ya, but when a simple find-it game almost blows up my phone, you have a bad app.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually got a "Cool down" notification after running Disney Hidden Worlds for the first time. Sorry, Disney, I love ya, but when a simple find-it game almost blows up my phone, you have a bad app.

I wondered if there was a temperature monitor in the phone.
that makes me feel better about my Wireless charger. It is an el cheapo off fleabay and it runs hot

What is too hot? anyone know?

compakia

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Last week my s5 got to be very warm suddently and the battery drain so fast... its happen once... after that... the battery life shorten... normally before the case happen it will last for at least 24 hours for normal usage.. now, it can only hold for less than 20 hours.. sometimes worst.

Posted via Android Central App

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I was very surprised myself when I got the attached popup alert. Had to shut down phone and luckily everything returned quickly to normal for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-26-17-09-13-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-26-17-09-13-1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 65

sped98

May 30, 2014
Visit site
This should never be happening with a brand new phone. I`ve wasted the last week trying to suss the problem out , this really is bad news for Samsung. Seems that there are people everywhere complaining about this heating and battery drain problems...Im proper pissed right off and thinking about getting rid after one week.
I got another batter off ebay....a double power one and charged it to 100% last night.... it lasted 7 hours at work today before 0% and shut down.
I immediately replaced the battery with the Samsung one and that lasted 7.5 hours....and the phone has just shut down again.
Heating issues ...I can feel the heat when the phone is on idle through my coat pocket.
Everything is disabled
Unused apps disabled ...the whole fookin phone is virtually disabled.....What is the point in having a disabled S5 ???
Samsung need a good kick up the arse.
Any help greatly appreciated thanks.....its not my phone , its not your phone folks....This seems to be a common fault amongst all our phones.

mirkomarko

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Haha i have a samsung 5s and my phone overheated once.. It was when charging. Then i took gps and syncronisation off and it never overheated when charging. And if your battery life is low you might have a virus so get a antivirus program. (Its free)

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
For those people who were having this problem before, has it been resolved?
Have people who have gotten the phone more recently been having this problem at all?

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is a quick simple fix for overheating issues with the S5. At least it worked for me. Fix Galaxy S5 overheating – Tech Livewire
Unbelievable that some people will fall for this stupid fixes.... that is an insult to one's intelligence .... that is like saying when it gets hot .... put it in front of the A/C.....I have cleared the cache many times and that does not fix the overheating of the phone....

mhaiderk97

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
You could clear the phones cache partition. That helped with my overheating issue. I used to get a notification about the phone overheating.
Google how to clear the cache partition of the S5. I hope it helps.

Littlejoycee

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Last night my phone felt like it was overheating as well and the screen also confirmed as much with a message. What causes this? I can imagine that this can be a hazard. I turned it off and this morning it was working as it normally has been. Your insight, please!

Joyce

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaac donald