SMS Messages app not recognizing Touchdown/Outlook contacts

ericner#AC

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This wasn't an issue with my Galaxy S3; all the contacts in Outlook (via Touchdown) were recognized in the S3's SMS app. But now with the S5 they just appear as phone numbers without any reference to their name, which also makes it impossible to send a new text to a contact in my Outlook database. I do have the option within Messages to "save contact to phone", but that means I'd have to do that for 1000+ contacts and type in each of their names again -- plus, edits in Outlook wouldn't be reflected in these duplicate phone contacts. Anyone else having this issue?

wreyn

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue with contacts stored in the Google contacts (People) app. I was not expecting this. All of the contacts are sync'ed and instantly downloaded to the new Samsung Galaxy S5 phone without issues. The issue is with the Samsung Messages app which receives SMS messages. Any help here is appreciated.

ericner#AC

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
With the help of the people at Nitrodesk, I was able to fix this problem.

Make sure any phone-based (local) contacts are backed up. All Google and cloud-based contacts will rebuild after this action.

This is how the clean up of the Contacts database is performed:
1. go to the device settings
2. go to applications>manage applications
3. go to the section for All
4. select Contact Storage
5. Select Clear Data

Then "Refresh All" within Touchdown contacts. Then the contacts all appeared in SMS Messages.

Peter McClintock

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me since last night. All my exchange contacts are missing from the contact list on the phone. If I select contacts to display as my exchange account the list is empty. Everything shows up within Touchdown but not on the phone or messaging apps. I have followed the steps above but it didn't make any difference.

calvinbander

May 25, 2014
Visit site
This procedure did correct the same issue I had on a Galaxy S3. I tried several other methods which may have been required steps: first removing the Touchdown Account through the phone settings and recreating it by doing a Copy to Phone procedure from the Touchdown contacts menu. From there a I followed the above and it fixed the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC