Are you getting a Galaxy Gear 2 (neo) or fit with your S5?

tacsniper

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am in contemplating if I should get one, but $200 is a strong deterrent when the phone was only $230 CAD on contract. I am interested in the fit, but the neo seems more appealing for reading messages. But do I really need to check my notifications that badly.

Let's discuss if something like this is worth buying. If so, which one is the best bang for the buck.

bfeels

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I think I'm going to take a trip today and check it out. I thought you were able to use s voice to reply to messages instead of just using quick messages though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to wait to see what LG and Motorola are bringing to the table. I would love to have both the Gear 2 and the Moto 360 but I cannot rationalize purchasing two smartwatches in the same year :'(

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I want the fit! I haven't really looked into either. I just messed with them when I was at the AT&T store getting the s5. I liked how the fit felt on my wrist better than any other watch they had there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Bought the fit and after an hour I didn't think it was worth the money. Too large compared to the fitbit, jawbone up, etc. It will be returned today

Posted via Android Central App

Brandon Barnes1

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the gear 2 neo. Got it for $150 thanks to the AT&T deal. Its great so far for me. Comes in handy at the gym such as calculating my constant heart rate and distance while I'm on the treadmill. Counting my steps and so on. Also its convenient to read text messages and emails without having to pull out and unlock my phone. The call quality is great also. I can make a quick call from the watch if I have my phone charging in another room. Once more apps are available I'm sure there will be more uses.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the gear 2 neo. Got it for $150 thanks to the AT&T deal. Its great so far for me. Comes in handy at the gym such as calculating my constant heart rate and distance while I'm on the treadmill. Counting my steps and so on. Also its convenient to read text messages and emails without having to pull out and unlock my phone. The call quality is great also. I can make a quick call from the watch if I have my phone charging in another room. Once more apps are available I'm sure there will be more uses.

Dang! If that was the normal price for the neo I woud get that then the Moto 360. Neo for working out and the 360 for business.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the Fit on Friday when I picked up my GS5 and I LOVE it. Plus the rep botched my order so badly he gave me a $100 credit on my wireless bill for my inconvenience and I got a $50 credit on my ISIS account for signing up for that.

Besides using the the Fit as a pedometer I love the media controller. I had my Fit plugged into a dock in the living room yesterday and it was so awesome to skip songs or change the volume as I was buzzing around the place. It also tells you the name of the artist and song playing which comes in handy when you are listening to Slacker etc and hear a song you like. Also convenient when you've got headphones on and the phone is in your pocket, obviously.

Of course being able to read texts is awesome (I only have mine programmed for texts and calls).

I work in a lab and this will be so convenient because now when I get a text I don't have to take my gloves off, unsnap my lab coat and dig my phone out of my pocket to see who it is. I can just glance down at my wrist. Most of the time a reply can wait so I don't need to be able to respond from my wrist.

Sorry for the long post but, man, I am crazy about this little gadget. It's just as awesome as my GS5! I'm sure the Gear 2 and Neo are just as awesome if not better but they would be overkill for what I need.

Lastly-this is OT- if you like Slacker, Pandora, etc don't forget to check out Milk. It's in the Samsung App Store. Free!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tacsniper

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This is good discussion guys. Keep it coming! Keep sharing how you are using your smart watch and convince people like us who are still undecided lol

Christina Evans1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a Fit and it should be here on Tuesday. I had a fitbit force, but that got recalled so I wanted something to replace it. We will see what I think of it once I get it and play around with it

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I won't have my s5 until mon/tues and bestbuy's website says the fit won't be available until thurs but l definitely plan on picking one up asap

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I plan on buying a Gear 2 smart watch in a few months after I get acclimated to the S5. Has anyone here purchased it? Its supposed to be a camera, music player and phone. I'd like to know how all those features work

I won't receive my S5 until Tuesday per the Amazon site.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I am in contemplating if I should get one, but $200 is a strong deterrent when the phone was only $230 CAD on contract. I am interested in the fit, but the neo seems more appealing for reading messages. But do I really need to check my notifications that badly.

Let's discuss if something like this is worth buying. If so, which one is the best bang for the buck.
I ordered a Gear 2. eBay had a deal going, 260.00. I was thinking of going the Neo route but the discount was enough for me to change my mind.

amboy83#AC

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the Neo and I'm loving it. It is a really seamless experiece and enjoyable to use. I tried the pebble and the Neo is much nicer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tacsniper

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and bought the neo as well. Saw my buddy's fit and reading messages was alright but wearing a watch looks more natural as oppose to wearing a band. I like the way watch display messages vs the fit.

The neo does not feel bulky at all. In fact, its slimmer compare to my G-Shock.

I took it to the gym after setting it up and I got to say, this is definitely a toy more than anything. Ya its nice to track your fitness with the features it have, but in terms of notifications etc... IMO its not a big deal to pull out the phone in between sets or when slowing down on the treadmill.

I suspect this will be more handy at work where you got to check your notifications discreetly and just deal with the important ones asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol