No Black Galaxy S5's To Be Found...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: No Black GS5's To Be Found...

"Felt better???"

It's the exact same phone other than the color. If you closed your eyes there's no way to even tell the difference.

I've read others say the material of the battery cover feels different.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

vzw8830

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The black tends to be more of a softer material than white. If they made the white of the same material it would collect dirt and grime easier. Same thing happened with the z10s

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
..Plenty of the white ones but no blacks anywhere that I could find. Visited one store and called three others. Doesn't Samsung know that 99% of all early adopters are male and that men are going to want to buy the black phone?

Any word on the future availability of a 32 Gig GS5?

I had to call around to 4 different T-Mobile stores before I found one that had 1 left. All the BB's had nothing but white left too.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
After calling about a half dozen stores I went ahead and ordered it directly from Verizon Wireless. Will ship in two days.

sweetinabug

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Keep checking with the stores. I called on Saturday 9AM, was told they had only white. Went into the store a couple of hours later to play with the white ones and was told some black ones had arrived!

MsKate

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The Costco I was at on Friday sold out of Verizon black S5s while I was there before noon buying a white T-Mobile S5. They still had some white Verizon S5s. Sprint S5s were still being unloaded in their receiving area and several people were waiting in line for them.

I decided on a white phone in the hopes that if I put it on a table that I'd stand a better chance of seeing it before I left. Then I put a black/gray case on it, so the only white that's left is around the display.
At our Costco on Friday, they only had white. They had not received any black phones. I don't mind. The front looks good against my Neo Slim case.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
..Plenty of the white ones but no blacks anywhere that I could find. Visited one store and called three others. Doesn't Samsung know that 99% of all early adopters are male and that men are going to want to buy the black phone?

I guess I made up for the 1% ;) I got the last black one when I walked in the Verizon store. Personally I like how the black looks and even though the backing feels better in my hand than the white version my phone will be in a clear case anyways so that doesn't matter to me. Majority of my phones I had in the past have been in black w/ the exception of my iPhone 5 and Note 3.

Zabigayle

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Any word on the future availability of a 32 Gig GS5?

Well I guess this is a good time to be a girl then.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay