Galaxy S5: Wifi issues

JSerrano77

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
As far as I read, everyone is having different issues from mine. My wifi was working perfectly until yesterday, and now every time it connects and disconnects almost instantly. This is happening at all wifi networks I try to connect (even at home).

I tried to change the setting of the network to static IP, but I am not sure if its because I am a newbie or what, but it is not allowing me to save the new settings.

Any tip?

Carlos Mathias

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Estou vivenciando esse problema na conexão wi-fi em casa após uma atualização não consigo conectar no wi-fi formatei voltou a conectar e dois dias depois caiu a conecxão do wi-fi novamente, tentei fazer a alteração na configuração que foi sugerida nesse forum e não acende a tecla conectar para salvar. peço ajuda como fazer, de forma que acenda a tecla conectar. só fica acesa a tecla cancelar e daí não passa. me ajudem que não sei mais o que fazer, colocar na garantia vai passar 2 meses e preciso trabalhar. obrigado

Chris Nickel

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure if this issue has been fixed but I had the same problem. I tried every "fix" I found online Nothing worked. Finally I just strated deleting apps that I recently downloaded. It must have been a third party app because I was able to connect to wifi in safe mode. Hope this helps.

apalmatier1101

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Slightly different problem but hopefully someone can help - has anyone had any problems logging into a firewall when connected to wifi? When at work, if I turn my Wi-Fi off, I can access all websites without issues. When I connect to the Wi-Fi, I am unable to do so. When I type in a webpage (like yahoo.com) under internet, I get the following message: "This webpage is not available: The server at <website name> can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Internet from accessing the network." On my previous phone, I would automatically be redirected to a signin page where I need to enter a login and password on a daily basis in order to access internet. I also tried using Chrome, however I am not redirected to the signin page and get a similar error message: "You are offline. Wi-Fi and mobile data are turned off." Under details - error code: DNS-PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. Again, when I turn off the Wi-Fi, I am able to access websites with no issues. My computer and laptops, as well as coworkers do not seem to be experiencing this issue.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You find that kind of crap on hotel WiFi networks all the time. I just spent a week plus on the road, and some of them, the Hilton chain for one, make it damned hard to get on intuitively.... but a call to the desk showed me a one step around it... so all was well.

Here at home, I have a firewall set up for my WiFi router, but it is configured to stop hackers, not outgoing requests.

If there is only one website that is restricted, it just might be the IT department has decided to blacklist it. Or, it got blacklisted by automatic means when someone did an illegal activity going to that website. Call your IT manager and see why you can't access Yahoo from your work WiFi.

I used to work for the Phoenix, AZ City Government.......... their IT department watches things like a hawk, you best be just doing "work related" web searches. It is a quick trip from a hand slap, to a walk out the door permanently.

If you have that kind of IT management, then you best keep using your DATA plan.

My daughter works as a 911 dispatcher, she purposefully has not ever connected to the County's internet. I also work for the same County government in a different department, and I too, avoid using their WiFi signals period.

John Fitzgerald3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I would not have believed this until I checked it out. I was getting terrible 0.2Mbps on my wifi until I turned off Bluetooth. Thanks for the help.
Its working fine with my Bluetooth back on now.

shashiray

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I am also facing the same issue and did "static" as mentioned but after one day I am getting the back same issue.
I confirmed again and setting was "static" still getting it.
If any one know the fix pls let me know.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am also facing the same issue and did "static" as mentioned but after one day I am getting the back same issue.

I can't speak for everyone but after I tried many suggestions the only that worked for me was a factory reset. I haven't had the problem since.

shashiray

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've got that problem, and I'm in the UK! The speed doesn't drop, but it intermittently drops.the connection. Rebooting the phone seems to help. It also helps with the appalling resource leak in 5.0 that makes the handset virtually unusable by the end of the day. I suppose it could be worse (actually was worse when I first update it) and there's always the Odin solution ;-)

Posted via the Android Central App

Elyse Dowdell

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
how do you change it to static? I am having a problem where my phone is constantly "connecting" to my network, i.e. it drops and reconnects all the time. I have no "edit" section when I click on my wifi network. helppp! :)

Elyse Dowdell

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
how do you change it to static? I am having a problem where my phone is constantly "connecting" to my network, i.e. it drops and reconnects all the time. I have no "edit" section when I click on my wifi network. helppp! :)

OverSeventy

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I had similar problems as you describe, it drove me insane. However, I stumbled onto a solution that may assist you as follows.
Go to Settings, select Wi-Fi. If the "Smart Network Switch" option has been checked, uncheck it. I found that my Wi-Fi Dowload/upload stabilised with no further drop outs . My phone still pairs seamlessly to Data Network and my Home Wi-Fi Network, battery life has improved as well. I've not encountered any other difficulties. Hope this will assist.

OverSeventy

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, VERY frustrating. Try the following:
Settings, Wi-Fi, Disable "Smart Network Switch" It claims to switch (seamlessness) between wi-Fi and mobile networks, however, since I've disabled haven't noticed any change in way it connects. My battery life has increased by half a day and my Wi-fi connection speeds have improved. Give it a go......

heebster16

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded to android 5.0 this morning. All good except wifi does not work after using hotspot. Hotspot works, but after using it the wifi reconnects but does not transfer data. A restart of the phone fixes wifi again (until hotspot activated and deactivated.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech