How to disable Caller ID voice announcement on S5?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone speaking name of caller

I'm new to android switching from Apple, I'm learning this phone quickly as I've browsed all of the options mentioned throughout this thread and I still have not successfully resolved this issue. Any tech junkies out there with further advice I would be very grateful! Thanks:mad:

Has anyone figured this out? I am desperately searching for a way to stop the announcing of CallerID name/number.

I do have it set to answer the call with "answer" or "reject", but on my Note 3 it's set the same way and the caller name/id is not spoken. On the S5 it is.

So maybe you can't turn of announcing callerID info if you simply want to answer the phone with "answer"? If that's the case, I'm again reminded why I try to stay away from Samsung phones.

Chris Angus

May 2, 2014
Visit site

This did it!
Hi Guys

I also had this problem with the annoying caller ID with my S5! !

I have disabled mine finally and this is how I did it:

Accessibility > Vision > Talkback > Settings (at bottom) > Under Speech Category - Untick Speak Caller ID

All done!!

Hope this helps

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

This did it!

I tried that too and it still speaks the name/number. Apparently you can't use voice control to answer or reject a call without it speaking the caller ID name or number.

It's not like that on my Note 3 though. Hate the inconsistencies.

dmj58au

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I had to go one step further on my S5 - into Vision>Talkback>Settings(down the bottom of page) and uncheck Speak Caller ID. A very convoluted way of doing things.

dmj58au

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I had to go one step further on my S5 - into Vision>Talkback>Settings(down the bottom of page) and uncheck Speak Caller ID. A very convoluted way of doing things.
Well I thought I had fixed it but unfortunately no. Any other ideas? i have thus far tried everything in this post. A very poor outcome on an otherwise good phone.

BellaReina

May 11, 2014
Visit site

This did it for me:

Settings>Application Manager>All>Car Mode>Force Stop + Clear Data + Clear Cache + Clear Defaults

Let me know if it works for you.

Lie-Quan Lee

May 14, 2014
Visit site

when I got my S5, I browsed through all the options. I made a setting so that phone will announce caller name who is in my favorite list. I am embarrassed when the phone loudly announced caller during a business meeting.

Since then, I want to turned it off. It took me several days to figure this out --

it is actually under "settings" --> "Language and Input" --> "read notification aloud" -> "Calls from favorite contacts".

Such a non-intutive design of Android. I guess that I will switch back to iPhone later.

kevinx

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

To toggle this on/off, simply go here>
Settings>Language & Input>Notification readout. The rest is quite self explanatory. Enjoy! ;-)

carolton67

May 16, 2014
Visit site

This is the answer that worked for me. Thanks for sharing, as I would have never been able to figure it out on my own. Other suggestions for turning off Voice control is not an option if you want to answer your phone with a voice command.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

...Other suggestions for turning off Voice control is not an option if you want to answer your phone with a voice command.

Exactly, and this is a bug in my opinion and I hope they fix it. It works correctly on the Note 3, but not on the S5 and the inconsistency bugs me. Samsung is all over the place with their software.

cypher7810

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

To toggle this on/off, simply go here>
Settings>Language & Input>Notification readout. The rest is quite self explanatory. Enjoy! ;-)

I have tried all of this and when I got to these settings I see it but it's all greed out and won't let me unchecked it. Is there a way to force it to let me change the settings here?

Trentmcl

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I had reset cashe for drive mode, then played with s-voice when the problem started. what fixed mine, was turning car mode on, clicking through all the intro screens, then turning it back off again.

Lil Birdie

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Go to SETTINGS-LANGUAGE AND INPUT - AND click on READ NOTIFICATIONS ALOUD - UNCHECK ALL BOXES.

Not sure how to post a photo to this forum or I would.

jklisko

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

I found a seemingly unlikely way to disable it. Go to settings > call > answering and ending calls > uncheck using voice commands.

I know that shouldn't work, but it did work on both mine and my girlfriend's S5.

livingintucson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem -- here's what worked for me.
> phone
>settings
> then caller ID Readout. Be SURE it is set on Ring Only (not Caller ID repeat or caller ID then Ring)

AngeNika

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

ok this works
settings-----accessibility-----vision----talk back has to be off ---click on talk back----settimgs----speak caller id should NOT HAVE CHECK MARK

Cadence Kirby

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I also found it very annoying, I set up custom ring tones an it would say callers name or number on my GS5, thanks for your solution, worked for me!! :)

Dan Dragomir

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

None of the above.
It was Driving Mode activated, and it speaks the name of caller/message sender.
You can slide down shortcut settings and disable Driving Mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay