Charger Cover Broke

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I am planning on getting the wireless charging cover and a Qi charging plate so that I don't have to mess with the cover that much.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine hasn't broke, but I'm afraid I will eventually end up breaking mine

Also, I agree, it's a pain to open

-Sent from Tapatalk

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Maybe its time to just call those with supposedly broken ones liars and **** them off. Hopefully that will get a more detailed explanation from them.

Posted via Android Central App

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
No one has replied with what actually broke. I'm betting it just came off where its attached and either will go back in or at least still seal the port if you put it on. I also bet those that have a broken one yanked on the damn thing. I could be wrong though.

But if it is broken off, it is not going to be easy to keep a tiny piece of plastic around to keep popping on.

On a side note, is there a way to stop the stupid reminder. I got it, if an electronic portion of the device is not covered that waterproofing will not work.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging should have been built in on a waterproof device that needs a cover to be removed to charge.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
To Mush10: I got an option after the 4th or 5th time of opening the usb cover to not show the option again. And I'm anxiously waiting for the wireless charging. I'm a dude and my fingernails are extremely short and I have to find something very thin to use to open that flap.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

112870d1397657864t-charger-cover-broke-brokecover.jpg

The part is robust and, more importantly, immenently repairable. No one on this board needs to send it out for repair...a small screw driver and 5 minutes replaces the part. We just need Sammy to release the part (which I have little doubt they or a third party will do soon). And, to be clear, the white part is screwed in. The original poster on XDA (who only has 14 posts) said s/he couldn't fix it. Just for giggles, I removed my door today and put it right back on. It looked just like the above picture so I don't see why it couldn't be fixed. Heck, it doesn't even look broken, just disassembled.

Bottom line: without wireless charging (which is an option), to have water resistance, you need a moving part. I prefer the solution that Sammy picked over more elegant designs like a sliding door because when it breaks (and all moving parts break at a certain rate), it's easier to fix.

This seem like a tempest in a tea pot to me. I guess Lincoln was right when he was talking about pleasing everyone.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
But if it is broken off, it is not going to be easy to keep a tiny piece of plastic around to keep popping on.

On a side note, is there a way to stop the stupid reminder. I got it, if an electronic portion of the device is not covered that waterproofing will not work.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

To Mush10: I got an option after the 4th or 5th time of opening the usb cover to not show the option again. And I'm anxiously waiting for the wireless charging. I'm a dude and my fingernails are extremely short and I have to find something very thin to use to open that flap.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There is a click box asking to not remind you. I did that and haven't needed the notification since, but I wanna turn the notification back on. Any ideas on how to?

Also, yes, now I have to keep my pinky fingernail uncut so I can easily open the door

-Sent from Tapatalk

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't look that bad to fix. I might as well remove it now since I don't care much about water proof function. Rather not have it break
View attachment 112887

The part is robust and, more importantly, immenently repairable. No one on this board needs to send it out for repair...a small screw driver and 5 minutes replaces the part. We just need Sammy to release the part (which I have little doubt they or a third party will do soon). And, to be clear, the white part is screwed in. The original poster on XDA (who only has 14 posts) said s/he couldn't fix it. Just for giggles, I removed my door today and put it right back on. It looked just like the above picture so I don't see why it couldn't be fixed. Heck, it doesn't even look broken, just disassembled.

Bottom line: without wireless charging (which is an option), to have water resistance, you need a moving part. I prefer the solution that Sammy picked over more elegant designs like a sliding door because when it breaks (and all moving parts break at a certain rate), it's easier to fix.

This seem like a tempest in a tea pot to me. I guess Lincoln was right when he was talking about pleasing everyone.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why would you make such a flaming accusation and why would someone lie about it?

Flamming accusation? Overreact much?

I was merely pushing buttons to get more details on the breakages, which were not coming in a timely manner at all.

PeterWeaver

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much for that clarifying anti-FUD post kat :)

The securing tiny strap seems robust, but looking forward in here to hearing info on a wireless-charging station, shades of Tesla :)

Peter

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Right...like you need timely answers. What are you...tech support? You were merely pushing buttons...that's it. Calling people "liars" and using "****" really got you the answers...huh?

1385332243948.png

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I literally just tried to break the charging flap off by twisting it and pulling on it at best buy and they wouldn't break. I have to admit, it feels quite sturdy. How rough are you guys actually being with this? I am having a hard time thinking they just "randomly" break off with everyday use

I also keyed it pretty good and there were no scratches on the screen; however, the camera lens and plastic bezel didn't fare as well since there's no gorilla glass protecting the camera lens and the bezel is just painted plastic

-Sent from Tapatalk

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I literally just tried to break the charging flap off by twisting it and pulling on it at best buy and they wouldn't break. I have to admit, it feels quite sturdy. How rough are you guys actually being with this? I am having a hard time thinking they just "randomly" break off with everyday use

I also keyed it pretty good and there were no scratches on the screen; however, the camera lens and plastic bezel didn't fare as well since there's no gorilla glass protecting the camera lens and the bezel is just painted plastic

-Sent from Tapatalk

out of curiosity, why would you do all that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon