Charger Cover Broke

Josh Heffner

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine broke in the same way, also. I didn't even have it for a week, and I was very gentle with it. Sounds like there's a defect with how the rubber was glued on the some of the S5's out there. I temporarily Gorilla Super Glued the rubber piece back on there, and it seems to hold (at least better than from the factory), but obviously I want to order this part ASAP. Samsung and T-Mobile both offered to ship my phone off to have it fixed, but would not ship me a replacement directly since I bought it in-store.

Singo59

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Also I've been in contact with Samsung and because this problem is not a known design manufactures fault they won't do anything which is kind of ****ty cause why would people purposely snap the cover off?

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
All that cover does is protect for water. Realistically how many phones have you dropped in water? Reason I removed mine before it broke is when I sell this phone in future it's still complete

Also I've been in contact with Samsung and because this problem is not a known design manufactures fault they won't do anything which is kind of ****ty cause why would people purposely snap the cover off?

Singo59

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
All that cover does is protect for water. Realistically how many phones have you dropped in water? Reason I removed mine before it broke is when I sell this phone in future it's still complete

It's more the fact that it is breaking and they're not gonna do anything I mean thousands of people can't be wrong surely

Posted via Android Central App

psychspirit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
you don't have to believe me and i can care less...lol

but i told the rep about the issues and even showed him this thread with pics..and he said go for it..try and break it

Sounds believable to me...I thought your post was very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

dd4

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
If you somehow buy a new piece. It's one screw and pop out

I too have the same problem, the cover has come off. Like other people on this forum I have contacted Samsung and they have told me I will need to pay for the repair. I have emailed them back pointing out given that numerous users are having this problem surely it is a manufacturing fault or not made fit for purpose.

I am sure it would not cost much to fix but why should the users have to pay out for that. If a fault like this occurs with lots of users after just a few weeks its not just me being heavey handed. Apart from anything if I perform the repair myself and mess it up somehow or round off a screw and then it has to go back to Samsung for a different fault they will not repair it as they will say the device has been previously modified.

I see some people have been asking specifically what is broken. I don't know if this is the same for everyone but it looks like whatever holds to cover to the rubber hinge bit has come off. There is no actual damage such as the rubber being snapped.

I will update when I hear a response from Samsung.

2ns298m.jpg

k1dzrm.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ns298m.png
http://i61.tinypic.com/k1dzrm.png

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I too have the same problem, the cover has come off. Like other people on this forum I have contacted Samsung and they have told me I will need to pay for the repair. I have emailed them back pointing out given that numerous users are having this problem surely it is a manufacturing fault or not made fit for purpose.

I am sure it would not cost much to fix but why should the users have to pay out for that. If a fault like this occurs with lots of users after just a few weeks its not just me being heavey handed. Apart from anything if I perform the repair myself and mess it up somehow or round off a screw and then it has to go back to Samsung for a different fault they will not repair it as they will say the device has been previously modified.

I see some people have been asking specifically what is broken. I don't know if this is the same for everyone but it looks like whatever holds to cover to the rubber hinge bit has come off. There is no actual damage such as the rubber being snapped.

I will update when I hear a response from Samsung.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ns298m.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/k1dzrm.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ns298m.png
http://i61.tinypic.com/k1dzrm.png

That looks exactly the same as my phone and how it broke off. I sent my phone back to Samsung yesterday to be repaired so I will see whether they think they are going to charge me to repair it.

Anyway I have already ordered an external battery charger kit and an extra battery as I plan never to open the battery port on this phone again when I get it back..

dd4

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
That looks exactly the same as my phone and how it broke off. I sent my phone back to Samsung yesterday to be repaired so I will see whether they think they are going to charge me to repair it.

Anyway I have already ordered an external battery charger kit and an extra battery as I plan never to open the battery port on this phone again when I get it back..

If you don't mind me asking did you pay for your phone directly from Samsung or is it on contract with a network. I know usually a faulty item would go back to the Point of Sale which is my network provider. I might give them a call and see if they will accept it and get it fixed for me.

dd4

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I went in store to samsung 170 pounds to repair

WOW, Just wow.

Samsung better be careful, if they carry on with this whole making it easily break and charging stupidly excessive repair prices then I might just start calling them Apple.

CIMYA89

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I definitely agree that even with my 3 inch long nails, this charger cover is a pain to get off. I see more people breaking these by accident because it's only a thin rubber piece holding it together.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully this back cover keeps the same thickness as the stock back cover.

Agreed. I am waiting for them to come into stock so I can order one. I have not purchased a case for my phone yet, as I want to make sure to get one that will work with the wireless back cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34