Charger Cover Broke

Bryantillo

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
My first post, ever.
As others have written, my cover broke too. However, it didn't come off. The very small black latch detached from the cover. Samsung said to send it in and they would decide if it was under warranty or not. I would get it back in about 2 weeks. Advice on a better solution or how best deal with Samsung?

Posted via Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My first post, ever.
As others have written, my cover broke too. However, it didn't come off. The very small black latch detached from the cover. Samsung said to send it in and they would decide if it was under warranty or not. I would get it back in about 2 weeks. Advice on a better solution or how best deal with Samsung?

Complain to Samsung as well at the same time. They have to log your complaint. Whilst dealing with your complaint get them to chase up the repair too. You should not have to pay for it. This approach worked for me.

Bryantillo

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Soo.... I already spoke to Samsung. Do you mean to suggest that I talk to my phone carrier and have them help me? I did that at the t-mobile store. They called Samsung and got the same answer. Maybe I'll call t-mobile customer service and see what happens.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Soo.... I already spoke to Samsung. Do you mean to suggest that I talk to my phone carrier and have them help me? I did that at the t-mobile store. They called Samsung and got the same answer. Maybe I'll call t-mobile customer service and see what happens.

I would try Samsung again. Going to them direct worked for me. T-mobile might not press for a repair as hard as you.

Natalie Bohon

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
My cover did not break off but it does not seal as tightly as it did when I first bought the phone. I do not trust that it would be anywhere near water resistant at this point.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems like sprint knows it's a known issue and are replacing devices with broken flaps rather than replacing the flap itself

-Sent from Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems like sprint knows it's a known issue and are replacing devices with broken flaps rather than replacing the flap itself

-Sent from Tapatalk

Where did you hear this?
I asked on their community, and one of their employees told me, there was no problem with his device, so everything is aOK.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/159557

Read it on xda or Android Central somewhere. Can't remember where now

-Sent from Tapatalk

Nevermind, that was in relation to the camera glass breaking

soooo, after all of this.

My camera will not take pics that are focused.
So, sprint is replacing it with a new phone.

I guess this is a known issue as well.

BTW, this sprint store i went to is sending out the phones to be repaired with broken lenses, as long as the phone itself does not look damaged. They know it is an issue

-Sent from Tapatalk

Sophie Baker

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm new here, I just wanted to say that my USB cover broke off last night, I'd had the phone since the UK launch. I Googled the issue and here I am. Anyone on O2 experienced this problem and tried resolving it through them?

taviaa04

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
New to this blog. But My port cover also broke on my s5. The piece broke from the cord. The cord is still in the phone.
Yes I can still push the cover back in.
But I am scared that the cover will get lost now. Upset. I paid full retail price just for the cover to break off. Very disappointed. Oh by the way, I have been gentle with it. Even though it was not easy to open.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm new here, I just wanted to say that my USB cover broke off last night, I'd had the phone since the UK launch. I Googled the issue and here I am. Anyone on O2 experienced this problem and tried resolving it through them?

I sent my phone directly to Samsung to fix. It's not within the first 28 days so o2 would most probably do the same.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
What's going to keep the replaced cover from breaking?

Not opening it! Seriously, I have bought a separate battery charger which came with a spare battery so I charge that up and take the back off my phone and swap out the depleted one.

Since I got it back I have opened the port cover about 6 times to plug it into my computer. It still feels add fragile as ever. I have also bought two spare covers for about ?13 each.

I fully expect it to break again as the design is exceptionally poor. And I have shelled out quite a bit to cater for this shoddy workmanship.

Do complain to Samsung as they said it was just me who was having this issue in the UK. Tell them it's not just you and me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What's going to keep the replaced cover from breaking?

Get a wireless charging cover. That's the best solution but it makes all cases for the most part except most Bumpers useless. So far I've stuck with the charging cover opening each night because I prefer to use my phone while charging at times. Plus, water resistance means nothing to me to be honest. I have went years without it and the only advantage it has now is from rain which was never an issue.

That's me though and in no way do I feel its acceptable to break. I'm just not going to stress.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Sophie Baker

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Before this phone I had a BlackBerry 9900 which was so utterly awful I had to send it back FOUR times. Each time I was sent a new (refurbished) handset. I got so sick of sending the damn thing off and having to use a crappy backup phone over and over that I'm just not sure I can face doing that again. Water resistance isn't a huge concern for me - however I have only had the phone a couple of months and will be paying it off for the duration of my 24 month contract so I feel torn :-\

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Before this phone I had a BlackBerry 9900 which was so utterly awful I had to send it back FOUR times. Each time I was sent a new (refurbished) handset. I got so sick of sending the damn thing off and having to use a crappy backup phone over and over that I'm just not sure I can face doing that again. Water resistance isn't a huge concern for me - however I have only had the phone a couple of months and will be paying it off for the duration of my 24 month contract so I feel torn :-\

I would send it away just the once so that Samsung know about the issue and fix it at their own cost.

I do not open it very often now that I have it back. I do have spare covers so when it breaks again I'll fix it myself.

Richard Paterala

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the replacement parts in stock. google+ message me not sure of the rules and regulations of the message board, but the part is $18.99.
Mine broke also....had phone for about 2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

This is shipped from the USA you won't have to wait a month for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463